Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think of these wheels I’m running? C’mon, be honest.
20” x 8.5” all around, 245/40/20. Looking at getting Continental DWS 06 in 255/35 for the winter. Thoughts?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
doesn't really flip the switch for me, but it could grow on me. Kinda confused as to why you went to such a narrow wheel tire combo?

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
What do you guys think of these wheels I’m running? C’mon, be honest.
20” x 8.5” all around, 245/40/20. Looking at getting Continental DWS 06 in 255/35 for the winter. Thoughts?
They don't do anything for me. The only opinion that matters though, regardless of what Greg thinks, is yours for you car. However, you asked for opinions...you'll get it.

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Umm, no. I am forced to agree with Blades - it's your car and that is all that matters.

·
Registered
6,674 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
not my jam, but wheels are a very personal choice. the width is just plain F'd though! Unless this isnt a real V... in that case whatever.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wow, you guys are brutal. I’m actually changing the rears to a 10” with 305-35-20 Conti DWS. I don’t understand why people who own a “muscle’ car wouldn’t appreciate Hurst wheels. They are 5 spoke and definitely stand out from the stale “V” wheels, which I still have, but to each his own I guess. Btw, I get a ton of compliments. Maybe the pics don’t do justice...

Reactions: Blades1_99

·
Premium Member
1,044 Posts
You asked for honest opinions, lol. This group will definitely not sugar coat their responses, lol. If you like them, that's all that really matters. Wider rears are a good idea. The 245s on my V1 were so easy to spin, can't imagine that small of a tire with 150-200 more HP.

Reactions: Blades1_99

·
Super Moderator
20,939 Posts
You asked for honest opinions, lol. This group will definitely not sugar coat their responses, lol. If you like them, that's all that really matters. Wider rears are a good idea. The 245s on my V1 were so easy to spin, can't imagine that small of a tire with 150-200 more HP.
I hadn’t even noticed the 245 tires.

Anyone running those (especially on the rear) in warm months needs to be redirected to cadillacowners.com.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,303 Posts
[QUOTE="Karch, post: 2516480,

Anyone running those (especially on the rear) in warm months needs to be redirected to cadillacowners.com.

Absolutely yes

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
[QUOTE="Karch, post: 2516480,

Absolutely yes
Why? You scared bro? Makes for a fun ride! Actually the wife is demanding I do something about these tires this weekend. Time to get the winter wheels and tires on I guess

1 - 17 of 17 Posts