Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

Hugely disappointed!

27K views 121 replies 27 participants last post by  John K 
#1 ·
So I took my '13 V Coupe to the track Fri night to see what it would run. Bone stock, I was expecting mid to high 12s. But 13.94?? What the hell? 2.26 60'? My '95 Toyota Camry would 60 like that. Wouldn't power brake higher than about 1250 rpm and launched like it was tied to a tree stump. Acted like it couldn't spin the tires if it was on wet grass. As it was my first time out with this car I left it in Drive, Sport Mode. Seemed OK once it got rolling, mph 106. DA was 8400', eng. temp about 210. Am I doing something wrong or just overly optimistic?

#94 ·
Drag radials DOT or not would not be considered stock unless you bought a demon or 1320 edition challenger that come stock with drag radials.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#96 · (Edited)
Drag Radials would not be allowed in most stock class drag race, they also would not qualify toward a stock 1/4 mile time.

DR’s will drop your 1/4 mile 0.5 seconds easily.

But if it works for you, that’s fine.

#99 ·
LMAO

DR's is not truly stock. Just because they're allowed doesn't mean you can claim you're stock. I ran faster (legit) stock (91 oct, all seasons) but you're making progress which is what matters.
Unless it’s a Demon or the challenger 1320 that come with factory DR’s

But otherwise DR’s won’t be counted towards any stock “records”, sounds like mustang guy rules lol.

#111 ·
Unreal.

It runs what it runs, who cares about what you have not done. Plenty of people remove weight but don’t talk about it.

Geez, I didn’t realize I’m reading the High School Diaries.

Fwiw, for this crowd, drag radials are not stock.

I'm just enjoying the initial temper tantrum, then his work arounds for ego.

Yeah I might be bored, lol.

#112 ·
Holy fuck how do i unsubscribe from this crap. Rip

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

#116 ·
Not running in Stock class, running in ET class, like 98% of drag racers.
And just to be clear, a lot of the guys on this site have been very helpful in advising me on the idiosyncrasies of these V cars and how to address them. I appreciate it.

#119 ·
Another pretty good night last night. Only won two rounds but one gave me a perfect dial award and picked up a perfect light (.000) pin from a previous race.
Still tied for 4th place overall but I have to admit I have a lot of help from opponents who screw up worse than me.

#120 ·
So it sounds like you have come a long way from the title of this post.

#122 ·
Quarter mile bracket racing ended last Sunday for me, for the year anyway. After 86 quarter mile passes I have to admit it ended pretty well; I had one perfect reaction time (.000), one perfect dead-on dial in and won enough rounds in a seven race series with an average of over 130 registered racers each race to qualify as a Top Performer and compete for another Wally. I didn't win that Wally but it was close. I believe my '13 V was the only one regularly competing this year.
I finally got this car sorted to the point it was pretty predictable and could cut a decent light with a very minimal, non-invasive tune. Anyway, I met all my goals and plan to be back next year.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.