Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

81 - 96 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
These cars HATE the heat as much as I do. Cool nights and I feel big power difference in my car.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Did ok tonight. Would like 11's. Scotty, how'd you do?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
765 Posts
Was all out war between traction control and the tires last night. Need a real tire on this thing now that it's no longer stock. Managed a 12.0 and 12.1 @119 lol. All seasons aren't cutting it.

@jd_ss Looked for you last night, but didn't see your car, saw the Charger you ran though. Wanted a third run, but that GTR wreck screwed that up for most.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Was all out war between traction control and the tires last night. Need a real tire on this thing now that it's no longer stock. Managed a 12.0 and 12.1 @119 lol. All seasons aren't cutting it.

@jd_ss Looked for you last night, but didn't see your car, saw the Charger you ran though. Wanted a third run, but that GTR wreck screwed that up for most.
I left after 2nd run @ 7:30ish. Tell me about this GTR crash?

·
Registered
765 Posts
I left after 2nd run @ 7:30ish. Tell me about this GTR crash?
I got there about 630, so the dark didn't help. Saw a blue coupe, red sedan (briefly spoke to him) and a black wagon.

Younger guy was in the left lane, think it started to skate on him a little, he panicked, hit the brakes, over corrected, spun 180* into the right lane, smashed up the driver side pretty good. Luckily no fluids spilled...well outside, he may have pissed himself after that.Think he was in shock, he never got out of the car, even as they towed it off. I'll throw up a couple pics of it when I get back to the house.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Holy crap

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
Had to use my V last night as a sub for my regular 10 sec race car. No changes, still bone stock, still on aftermarket hard street tires @22 psi. Just for the hell of it I added 3 gal of 100 oct. unleaded, brought it up to 1/2 full. Ran 12.8's and 12.9's!! DA 8100', Trac. control off, comp. mode. Damn thing is still hard to repeat short times.
If I'm going to bracket race this car any more I'm just going to have to bite the bullet and get some DOT drag radials.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
OK, got the DOT drag radials. Best time so far (6800' DA): 1.876 (60'), 12.645 ET @ 110.74 mph, .024 r/t.
4 gal. 91 oct. unleaded prem., 1 gal 100 oct. unleaded.
Tire press: rear 22, front 33.
4-5 sec burnout in 1st gear @4k-5k rpm.
Launch @1.8k rpm, eng. temp "about" 175*, sport shift auto., trac. control, etc. off.
This is the quickest truly stock V2 I've seen up here. Might even be a little competitive next year.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
Tires are consumables. If originals are replaced by DOTs of same size (as mine are), then car is STOCK regardless of brand, etc. !

·
Super Moderator
16,367 Posts
Tires are consumables. If originals are replaced by DOTs of same size (as mine are), then car is STOCK regardless of brand, etc. !
Drag radials DOT or not would not be considered stock unless you bought a demon or 1320 edition challenger that come stock with drag radials.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
Don't want a pissing contest but tires would not be considered stock by whom? Other than maybe the F.A.S.T. group,
every competition organization I can think of says they're stock.

·
Super Moderator
16,367 Posts
Drag Radials would not be allowed in most stock class drag race, they also would not qualify toward a stock 1/4 mile time.

DR’s will drop your 1/4 mile 0.5 seconds easily.

But if it works for you, that’s fine.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

81 - 96 of 96 Posts