Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

61 - 80 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Nearly 500 passes this ZL1 is consistent enough to win in Pro and King Street and he has data for every single run the car has ever done."

Crewchief Pro Software
That is actually impressive. Mostly at the same track or all different places?

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Track was Bandimere (Denver, Co.). Ave DA there is 8800'! When these cars were new Motor Trend, Road and Track, etc. had these cars tested at mid 11s closer to sea level. Shouldn't be 2.4 sec slower up here. Maybe .6-.8 slower.
My V with pulley, tune, intake and exhaust and e85 (575 rwhp) ran 13.2 at bandi on street tires. 8,000 DA. Lots of spinning. You mention it "shouldn't be 2.4 seconds slower" than at sea level.. You seem right on par at 13.9 in that DA at Bandimere. You are a long ways away from mid 12's. You need mods plus DRs. The DA is humbling. Time to get out the checkbook or get a lighter car.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Naah, thanks anyway but by any measure, no matter how much I rationalize, this car is just slower than it should be- by several tenths. Still a great car, just not a competitive track car. There are several Vs running up here and although they're faster than mine, they do seem to have trouble repeating consistently.
...Again, your car seems right on par for a stock V on Thunder Mountain. High 13's with street tires all day in 8000DA

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
...Again, your car seems right on par for a stock V on Thunder Mountain. High 13's with street tires all day in 8000DA

Seems like I'm outnumbered on this so you're probably right. I'm still disappointed. My 4400 lb '68 Impala runs quicker than that with a mild 427. I'll be there Sunday for Super Chevy with one, maybe both my cars but not the V. You gonna run your V in the LS class?
I'll also run Club Clash on Fri. and maybe Pro on Sat.

·
Super Moderator
20,447 Posts
It's only because of the tune pulling timing out at high boosted temps. That's all.

CNC ported blowers, heads from WCCH, new Eaton rotor packs for your LSA blower, Mamo ported throttle bodies and more:
[email protected]
Dynamicflowconcepts.net

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Seems like I'm outnumbered on this so you're probably right. I'm still disappointed. My 4400 lb '68 Impala runs quicker than that with a mild 427. I'll be there Sunday for Super Chevy with one, maybe both my cars but not the V. You gonna run your V in the LS class?
I'll also run Club Clash on Fri. and maybe Pro on Sat.
Look bud, don't be disappointed. I still think there is room to gain. Plus, if you didn't disable traction control, it may have been pulling power to keep you from losing traction. 13's on the hill is respectable. There is an easy way to improve your time. Pulley swap, tune and a cheap DR setup. I'm heading out there on Wednesday with DRs, so if you want to meet up we can. Lmk and keep your head up. Don't get discouraged

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
I might be there helping a friend who just bought one of my cars- maroon '68 Impala. What do I look for?

·
Registered
765 Posts
Forgot to mention in this thread. Hit Bandimere last week, pulled a 13.5, 13.4 (x2), and a 13.06. On crappy F1 all seasons. Track was prepped well, but was still fighting traction issues. DA was around 8600, my best run was when I got to sit in the staging lanes for 45 minutes. Was battling temps the whole time. First two runs without a lot of cool down (and 2 hour drive to the track), I was getting a stutter on the 3-4 shift. Assume this was due to high IAT's, as the two runs after with some cool down showed no signs of the stutter.

·
Vendor
12,800 Posts
Forgot to mention in this thread. Hit Bandimere last week, pulled a 13.5, 13.4 (x2), and a 13.06. On crappy F1 all seasons. Track was prepped well, but was still fighting traction issues. DA was around 8600, my best run was when I got to sit in the staging lanes for 45 minutes. Was battling temps the whole time. First two runs without a lot of cool down (and 2 hour drive to the track), I was getting a stutter on the 3-4 shift. Assume this was due to high IAT's, as the two runs after with some cool down showed no signs of the stutter.
Possibly the worst situation for ET you could have.

All season tires
8000+ DA
Burned down in the staging lanes.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Possibly the worst situation for ET you could have.

All season tires
8000+ DA
Burned down in the staging lanes.
Oh I know, and OP had me paranoid I was going to click off a 14.0 run, lol.

First run at peak temp for the day (13.5) was about 8740 DA, and the last 200' of staging is flat, so you can't coast anymore once you're 6-7 cars deep. My temps went up almost 30* from where I couldn't coast anymore to finally where I could stage. To save any extra heat, didn't even bother dusting off my tires with a quick spin. Just drove around the water box and lined up. Every degree mattered when on the border of the car pulling timing midway down the track. Think my best 60 was a 2.04.

Got your quote saved for the cam too, will be the next round of mods.

@trekgto Any plans on a labor day sale? lol

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
A little better Fri. night, 8/25.
Best of 13.487 @108.44 on hard street tires. DA 8760
I feel it could sneak into the high 12s on good drag radials in Fall air (DA 6500-7000).

·
Registered
765 Posts
A little better Fri. night, 8/25.
Best of 13.487 @108.44 on hard street tires. DA 8760
I feel it could sneak into the high 12s on good drag radials in Fall air (DA 6500-7000).
With decent temps (70* or less) and some cool down, I really think I could bust a 12.9-12.8 in current form. On a dr I think a 12.5 or so is feasible with same conditions.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
Better last Sunday. 13.28 @108+, 2.077 60', DA 7957. Still bone stock on hard street tires. Only had that one good pass, usually launched in cloud of blue tire smoke that blocked out the sun for awhile.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Better last Sunday. 13.28 @108+, 2.077 60', DA 7957. Still bone stock on hard street tires. Only had that one good pass, usually launched in cloud of blue tire smoke that blocked out the sun for awhile.
Are you shutting your traction control off? I'm thinking this is a part. I don't load the converter, just off brake and fast roll into the throttle with some spin still, but tc keeps it within reason. No reason for me to pull a 13.06 with the same car, same everything.

I plan on going tomorrow to run, maybe you can get up there.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Heading to Bandi tomorrow for the last Test and Tune of the season. Anyone else going!?

61 - 80 of 94 Posts