Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

41 - 60 of 96 Posts

·
2X 9 second club
11,149 Posts

·
2X 9 second club
11,149 Posts
Yes, and Ronald Reagan was in the White House, and Miami vice was on tv.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Acted like it couldn't spin the tires if it was on wet grass. As it was my first time out with this car I left it in Drive, Sport Mode.
OP says "Drive" and "Sport" but nothing about Traction Control. What does Traction Control do? It keeps the tires from spinning. What was the OP's complaint? The car acted like it couldn't spin the tires on wet grass. I think the answer to his problem has less to do with IATs or how he's launching than it has to do with not turning Traction Control off.

No matter how bad your IATs, the car will still happily spin the tires on a hard launch. It could do that with half the torque it makes when cool.

Try again. But this time turn Traction Control off. And if you haven't been driving with Traction Control off at all, be prepared for a *pissload* of wheelspin.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
OP says "Drive" and "Sport" but nothing about Traction Control. What does Traction Control do? It keeps the tires from spinning. What was the OP's complaint? The car acted like it couldn't spin the tires on wet grass. I think the answer to his problem has less to do with IATs or how he's launching than it has to do with not turning Traction Control off.

No matter how bad your IATs, the car will still happily spin the tires on a hard launch. It could do that with half the torque it makes when cool.

Try again. But this time turn Traction Control off. And if you haven't been driving with Traction Control off at all, be prepared for a *pissload* of wheelspin.
Traction control was off. No wheel spin.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Traction control was off. No wheel spin.
Completely off like you held it until it turned TC and Stabilitrak off? Or just one push?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Based on your DA, I don't think you're far off. For comparison's sake, pay attention to what other cars are running and how far off of their advertised times they are. I think that you'll find that you're more in line than you expect. Your state gets legal marijuana. The tradeoff is horrid air for making power.

·
Premium Member
98 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Based on your DA, I don't think you're far off. For comparison's sake, pay attention to what other cars are running and how far off of their advertised times they are. I think that you'll find that you're more in line than you expect. Your state gets legal marijuana. The tradeoff is horrid air for making power.
Naah, thanks anyway but by any measure, no matter how much I rationalize, this car is just slower than it should be- by several tenths. Still a great car, just not a competitive track car. There are several Vs running up here and although they're faster than mine, they do seem to have trouble repeating consistently.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Completely off like you held it until it turned TC and Stabilitrak off? Or just one push?
The long push additionally disables stability control. Traction control is either on or off; there's no middle ground.

·
Registered
28 Posts
DA is a power killer for sure!! Were I race, the DA is usually around 6000 to 7000+. Maybe a pre and post methanol kit would help with the iat2 problem, but that would also mean you would need a tune for it.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Naah, thanks anyway but by any measure, no matter how much I rationalize, this car is just slower than it should be- by several tenths. Still a great car, just not a competitive track car. There are several Vs running up here and although they're faster than mine, they do seem to have trouble repeating consistently.
Nope, use a DA calculator. I just did and received results between 12.38 and 12.69 at sea level trapping between 117 and 120 mph. Couple that with presumably high IAT2 temps and you have a recipe for high 13-second passes at 8800 feet.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
You might be right zilla, but I'm skeptical. Tell you what, just out of curiosity I'll run this car one day soon under optimum conditions as much as I can and we'll see how much difference IATs make on this particular car.
Come to think of it, I don't see many blower cars getting past the first round in bracket racing.
BTW I use a DA calculator and a race computer on every pass.

·
Super Moderator
16,367 Posts
You might be right zilla, but I'm skeptical. Tell you what, just out of curiosity I'll run this car one day soon under optimum conditions as much as I can and we'll see how much difference IATs make on this particular car.
Come to think of it, I don't see many blower cars getting past the first round in bracket racing.
See post #3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
This was with my car 100% stock.
http://www.ctsvowners.com/forum/148-build-threads/53938-2009-gray-v-sedan.html#post989209. <<link

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
I dunno...thats a pretty wild and crazy theory...
There is NO WAY high intake temps and high DA will make supercharged car slow! There is just no science to support that controversial idea.

I bet you 100 doll hairs that lower IAT's make your car slower.

Something is definitely wrong with your car, you should probably do a supercharger delete to get more consistent passes for bracket racing.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I get bracket racing, but doing it in a boosted car, especially with A to W cooler, is tough.
CNC ported blowers, heads from WCCH, new Eaton rotor packs for your LSA blower, Mamo ported throttle bodies and more:
[email protected]
Dynamicflowconcepts.net
Nearly 500 passes this ZL1 is consistent enough to win in Pro and King Street and he has data for every single run the car has ever done."

Crewchief Pro Software

·
Super Moderator
20,463 Posts
Nearly 500 passes this ZL1 is consistent enough to win in Pro and King Street and he has data for every single run the car has ever done."

Crewchief Pro Software
You should have been the second post!

CNC ported blowers, heads from WCCH, new Eaton rotor packs for your LSA blower, Mamo ported throttle bodies and more:
[email protected]
Dynamicflowconcepts.net

41 - 60 of 96 Posts