Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I took my '13 V Coupe to the track Fri night to see what it would run. Bone stock, I was expecting mid to high 12s. But 13.94?? What the hell? 2.26 60'? My '95 Toyota Camry would 60 like that. Wouldn't power brake higher than about 1250 rpm and launched like it was tied to a tree stump. Acted like it couldn't spin the tires if it was on wet grass. As it was my first time out with this car I left it in Drive, Sport Mode. Seemed OK once it got rolling, mph 106. DA was 8400', eng. temp about 210. Am I doing something wrong or just overly optimistic?

·
Registered
5,584 Posts
Traction control left on? That will kill huge power any time the wheels spin or begin to spin. M6?

·
Registered
632 Posts
Where did you race? The mountains of Hades?

·
Super Moderator
16,367 Posts
Take it to MIR in the fall......I heard the tracks run downhill in that area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
Where were you running with a DA of 8400', what track? Stock (with a of DA 2800+) I ran [email protected] 1.87" in a sedan.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Track was Bandimere (Denver, Co.). Ave DA there is 8800'! When these cars were new Motor Trend, Road and Track, etc. had these cars tested at mid 11s closer to sea level. Shouldn't be 2.4 sec slower up here. Maybe .6-.8 slower.

·
Super Moderator
20,463 Posts
Plenty of guys here race there, they can attest to the times.

Seems like you need to adjust some things.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I've raced there regularly for 22 years. Registered in four classes with two cars (not this one). Apparently I do need to adjust some things, but what?

·
Super Moderator
20,463 Posts
If your IAT2's get to 140F, power drops off immediately and substantially.

Unfortunately, you need a some device to check those temps, as you can't read them off the stock dash setup.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
I know there's a difference in tracks as my car will run .5 seconds quicker at 1 track over the other here locally.

·
2X 9 second club
11,149 Posts
Take it to MIR in the fall......I heard the tracks run downhill in that area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

down into the depths of hell

1 - 20 of 96 Posts