Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here is the story. yawn. added BillBoats pipes. Light came on.
paid $300 for an HPTuner person to bypass my rear 02's. light came back after a day. codes P0420 P0430.
Where can I find a Tuner within a 100 miles of me. zipcode 77701 southeast Texas

Thanks if you read this

·
Registered
383 Posts
There are a few other sensors you need to turn off to prevent the light from turning on. Idk if they still have it but HPT has threads and you maybe able to fine the right sensors to turn off.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There are a few other sensors you need to turn off to prevent the light from turning on. Idk if they still have it but HPT has threads and you maybe able to fine the right sensors to turn off.
Interesting, tuner may not be aware. Finding another shop is my hope. Houston or Lake Charles next closest towns/ city.

·
Premium Member
2,993 Posts
Plenty to pick from here in Houston. I've had experience with 3, none of which I would recommend. I'm a little picky though.

A few friends however have used Late Model Racecraft and been happy.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
along with the rear 02's the cat efficiency code should be disabled also just encase

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Do you mean you own an hptuners mpvi2 device? If so, several of us could walk you through how to do it.
No. I dont yet own a HPTuner. starting to think I should save up for one as much as it costs to get the work done, and more, not knowing if it was done correctly.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
No. I dont yet own a HPTuner. starting to think I should save up for one as much as it costs to get the work done, and more, not knowing if it was done correctly.
I finally got one so my guy on the East Coast of Fl can dial in the tune we did at his shop.

Reactions: MaxxSound

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thank you drivers, i will continue to look for someone and ask around. hard as finding a date online. guess they both charge by the hour

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Found a reputable tuner. Feels great to have. I’m keeping it a secret. This should close out this thread. Thanks all.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Posted the same thing on HPT. Odd. Could have just left it as "thanks for the help, I got it sorted." Not sure why we feel the need to point out the fact that we're keeping it a secret. This whole thread has an odd feel to it for some reason. Dunno. Anyway, I'm adding no value here. Glad it worked out, OP!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts