Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It looks like EPA or Fear of EPA action has HPTuners no longer maintaining the repository. Are there any mirror repositories?

Registered
as far as i know they took all the modified tunes out and just left the stock files, ive got heaps of files if i have ever looked at someones to help or just to see what others do ive kept the files

Registered
It looks like EPA or Fear of EPA action has HPTuners no longer maintaining the repository. Are there any mirror repositories?
Where is the guy who was trying to say this wasn't a big deal?

Registered
I saved every CTS-V tune I looked at so I guess I have my own repository.

Registered
no wonder I found nothing. I bet paid tuners love this.

Registered
I don't know man that cost $400 plus you got to buy a $300 interface. Plus a wide band which is another $200. I used to be able to go to HPT's repository before I knew how to tune and at least look at stuff and get an idea of where I should focus my attention

Registered
By the way MrSurly if you join HP tuners website there's quite a bit of Gen 4 and LSA info on there and a majority of it transfers

Registered
If HP moved some operations to let's say "Mexico", they could abide by Mexican requirements....and not the EPA....maybe.

Registered
I don't know man that cost $400 plus you got to buy a $300 interface. Plus a wide band which is another $200. I used to be able to go to HPT's repository before I knew how to tune and at least look at stuff and get an idea of where I should focus my attention
Than any tune update is only $100.

Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
By the way MrSurly if you join HP tuners website there's quite a bit of Gen 4 and LSA info on there and a majority of it transfers
I have the interface, have bought credits, all the steps, but so far all I have done is tell it to stop reporting O2s.
Once I install the pile of parts that await me at home (once I return) THEN I'm going to be lost.
I was hoping to d/l some tunes and be able to study them while I'm chillin in Guam.... and now, I don't have that resource.
Maybe we could make a thread wherein you could post your mod list and say "I wish I had a tune" and then members who had anything similar might then PM an HPT to you.... and there's no archiving on the forum etc

Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Clearly, not suggesting anyone would tune their car this way, only meaning for study purposes to help us newbies see the typical changes and in which areas.
Baseline stuff

Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Fortunately Pat g is affordable
Someone tell me how Pat G's process works? Does it require a local dyno that partners with the guy or is this based on the customer providing multiple wideband log runs, or???

Premium Member
Pat uses your logs and adjusts the tune accordingly. He usually has the tune nailed down by the 3rd adjustment.

Reactions: jcs003

Registered
I have the interface, have bought credits, all the steps, but so far all I have done is tell it to stop reporting O2s.
Once I install the pile of parts that await me at home (once I return) THEN I'm going to be lost.
I was hoping to d/l some tunes and be able to study them while I'm chillin in Guam.... and now, I don't have that resource.
Maybe we could make a thread wherein you could post your mod list and say "I wish I had a tune" and then members who had anything similar might then PM an HPT to you.... and there's no archiving on the forum etc
not a terrible idea

Reactions: MrSurly

Registered
only real way to know how to tune is to actually make the adjustments and see what they affect, looking at other peoples tunes only shows what they have done not WHY they have done it, once u get a basic understanding where ur understanding isnt dangerous to changes and u get the feel for the affects of changing tables and what that looks like in the data it all starts to fall in place where u can make progress,
i learnt everything from the hpt forum just reading everything i could related to what ecu i had and changes i wanted to make and asking questions, but also nothing beats just test, test, testing and the scanner setup for the data u want to see is prob more important then the changes u will make cos if the data is wrong then the changes are wrong so that scanner is a whole other kettle of fish to setup and play with, tuning is a never ending journey of knowledge and if some change dosnt work just go back (keep all changes labeled in files as u progress) to last known good file and just keep trying,
i have close to 2000 tune changes and 2000 logs just for my ecu alone so dont be scared to make changes, best to do minimal changes at once until u know what that change does so u dont chase ur tail

Registered
Has anyone heard of the new auto update hptuners put out to take away credits because of the epa? I heard a few rumors.

Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Are they no longer SELLING credits? Because that鈥檚 the only way that rumor would make sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
I have no idea, but I heard tell of a couple local tuners losing their credits with no refund. Could be state to state basis, maybe they can still sell credits to other states? I have no idea I just heard this and got worried.

Lots of exhaust companies not shipping to NY anymore.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts