Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had issues with HP tuners failing to read/write to the tcm?

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
How many times have you tried to program it? Are you flashing the ecm and tcm at the same time? Have you tried selecting do no write for the ecm and just writing the tcm?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How many times have you tried to program it? Are you flashing the ecm and tcm at the same time? Have you tried selecting do no write for the ecm and just writing the tcm?

maybe 10 times? I’ve tried read/write with ecm/tcm as well as tcm alone, it fails always once it gets to the tcm.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Hmm weird. That’s all I got, hopefully someone else has got something.

·
Registered
127 Posts
are u using the cable to flash ? is key on accessories or ignition ? some can also time out so u have to set it so the key stays on (vehicle dependent) also try to read the TCM alone see if it does if not maby its lost comms with it for some reason

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
are u using the cable to flash ? is key on accessories or ignition ? some can also time out so u have to set it so the key stays on (vehicle dependent) also try to read the TCM alone see if it does if not maby its lost comms with it for some reason
using cable in accessory mode and already tried to read/write tcm independently.

·
Registered
127 Posts
link to vehicle with hpt and get an info log it should show all modules if u cant see the tcm there then there is a connection/communication issue, may need to send info log to hpt support so they can see what's going on, also check all fuses and looms to gearbox encase a plug is loose

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
link to vehicle with hpt and get an info log it should show all modules if u cant see the tcm there then there is a connection/communication issue, may need to send info log to hpt support so they can see what's going on, also check all fuses and looms to gearbox encase a plug is loose
already sent log to hpt and everything they’ve said is what I’ve already done/what’s been suggested here unfortunately. I’ve been seeing some threads on other forums saying might have to disconnect tcm which I’m trying to avoid right now... because I’m lazy :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
May be stupid question, but did you make sure ignition was in "on" mode or whatever it's called meaning you held the start button for several seconds to keep electronics on while doing read/write? If you just hit button once it times out pretty quickly and messes up the read write. Don't ask me how I know. Ha!

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
what year car ? has the TCM been unlocked? are you writing a tune that was previously an ecm only file?
ive had to use the beta version on some cars in editor and scanner.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
May be stupid question, but did you make sure ignition was in "on" mode or whatever it's called meaning you held the start button for several seconds to keep electronics on while doing read/write? If you just hit button once it times out pretty quickly and messes up the read write. Don't ask me how I know. Ha!

yes, I’m in accessory mode.

what year car ? has the TCM been unlocked? are you writing a tune that was previously an ecm only file?
ive had to use the beta version on some cars in editor and scanner.
2017 and yes. I can’t even get it to gather info and read the current tcm. I’ve read/ written ecm only, ecm/tcm, and tcm files only. It doesn’t want to cooperate once it gets to the tcm anymore.

·
Registered
3 Posts
2017 up, tcm is locked from my understanding. Hpt can unlock I believe but may require sending in. Don't know if still that way, but definitely know 2016 was unlocked and that changed for 17.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ending up disconnecting the battery after it kept failing on me... finally able to read/write again

1 - 15 of 15 Posts