Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Vendor
13,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone sell their car and have one sitting around un used. Looking to pick one up with very little license slots used up. Interface only or interface and cable is fine.

Note: Not looking for MPVI2.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Out of curiosity why would one choose the 1 over the newer 2? My tuner didn’t seem to care. I went with 2 when I went tuning, and now HPt is converting all the 1’s over to 2’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
16,486 Posts
For me, having an analog input for a wideband is useful. On the newest version, it's an additional cost I believe.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Out of curiosity why would one choose the 1 over the newer 2? My tuner didn’t seem to care. I went with 2 when I went tuning, and now HPT is converting all the 1’s over to 2’s.
I am guessing they will change all MPVI2 and MPVI 2+ to not be able to change any DTC's thanks to the EPA.

I heard the newest software version restricted some parameters.

Only a matter of time.

Reactions: random84

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
For me, having an analog input for a wideband is useful. On the newest version, it's an additional cost I believe.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk
Gotcha, I have aem OBD wideband. Good to have the analog for any add on sensor type I guess.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
I am guessing they will change all MPVI2 and MPVI 2+ to not be able to change any DTC's thanks to the EPA.

I heard the newest software version restricted some parameters.

Only a matter of time.
Is there a way to avoid this update, whether HPT or the mpvi, seems probably the software license is checked when you start the program and hook up the dongle and that could lead you into a forced update. Meh.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Is there a way to avoid this update,
Don't connect the computer that you tune with to the internet. Can't get the a software updates pushed to it then.

Reactions: PGA2B

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
That's why the original software and cables are bringing big bucks right now.
What is considered big bucks?

Asking for a friend that has an MPVI Pro setup with credits on it

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Don't connect the computer that you tune with to the internet. Can't get the a software updates pushed to it then.
The Old Air gapped computer trick!

·
Registered
3,135 Posts
Well the car I sold may be worth 10% more than last November, but at least I kept my mpvi!

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Is there a way to stop the push?

I ask because I have a laptop dedicated to the car. I have to connect the laptop to download the latest tuning file from the tuner from the email.

·
Premium Member
1,307 Posts
If the tuner uses updated software from HP, you'll have to update to read the tune file.

The way around it would be to use another computer with the upgraded software to read the new file and then compare the 2 tune files and make the changes from the newer tune file in your older version software by hand rather than copying and pasting. Hope that makes sense. I've had tee many martoonies....

Reactions: Blades1_99

·
Registered
571 Posts
I have an MPVI Pro - what’s the downside of going to an MPVI2 if I’m not a tuner and simply use it to log and send/upload from a tuner and most of my stuff is already done?

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
I have one, PM if interested. Mine has only been used 1 time I'm pretty sure. Twice at most.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts