Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at buying this v took it for a test drive tonight no noise other than a howl all all speeds. I questioned the owner about it he says it’s normal and has done it since he bought it new in 2012 it has 16000 miles on it and I’m just wondering how much noise this things make or is something going on here. Pitch didn’t go away from on throttle to off throttle but is loud to me my gf was in the back seat and that’s all she could hear

·
Registered
524 Posts
What year?

To your statement of the intensity of it I would have some concerns. Mine whined a little when I bought it last year at 93k miles. It was replaced under my extended warranty at 100k miles.
Two issues known with the v2. Rear end noise and supercharger rattle.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Do you mean the supercharger rattling? Like a marble is lodge in it.
Rear end whine should be most prevalent at low speeds and turning. Deff not normal, but common on V2’s like Dave mentioned.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Do you mean the supercharger rattling? Like a marble is lodge in it.
Yes due to the spring loaded isolator. PR move by GM that extended the warranty that satisfied most everyone that had one of these beast.
Mine was replaced in June of 2020 with 96k on the clock and now it's back to the same thing again. Doing a upper pulley swap soon and a solid isolator.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes due to the spring loaded isolator. PR move by GM that extended the warranty that satisfied most everyone that had one of these beast.
Mine was replaced in June of 2020 with 96k on the clock and now it's back to the same thing again. Doing a upper pulley swap soon and a solid isolator.
it has a whipple on it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What year?

To your statement of the intensity of it I would have some concerns. Mine whined a little when I bought it last year at 93k miles. It was replaced under my extended warranty at 100k miles.
Two issues known with the v2. Rear end noise and supercharger rattle.

·
Registered
317 Posts
That was aimed at the poster of the thread. I’m familiar with the rattle, the reason why I didn’t buy the first two V’s I encountered, but I didn’t know about the isolator fix back in those days.

·
Premium Member
2011 CTS-V Coupe with a blue wrap. Cam, smaller pulley, larger injectors, methanol injection.
323 Posts
Am I reading this correctly? Any dealership will replace the stock rearend if it has less than 100,000 miles on it? I think my car has 84000 miles on it, but I thought I heard a little whine today and my tuner said he heard it while it was on the dynometer.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Am I reading this correctly? Any dealership will replace the stock rearend if it has less than 100,000 miles on it? I think my car has 84000 miles on it, but I thought I heard a little whine today and my tuner said he heard it while it was on the dynometer.
Supercharger, not rear end. Dave had an extended warranty that covered his.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts