Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings! I had belonged to another CTS forum, but never found it very interesting. Found this one today. Like what I see.

I’m the original owner of my 2011 CTS-V Coupe. Bought it in June, 2010 in Calgary, Alberta. It was ordered for me by the dealer’s sales manager and was the first one they received: Red with black interior, full load, automatic. I used to buy a lot of GMC trucks for my companies, and the year prior had been asking him about the V-coupe, which I had heard rumors of. My parting remark was “I’d buy one as long as it’s red with a black interior”. Except for the automatic, it was exactly what I wanted.

I travel a lot … or used to, pre COVID. I hardly ever use the “V” (or the Jewel, as my wife calls it). It has about 11,000 miles (18,000 kms), but is serviced regularly.

Love the car - it has its own garage, is always on a Battery Tender and is well looked after, but perhaps should be driven a bit more? I hate taking it out in the rain Or snow. I always planned to “Hennesy” it up a bit, but never got around to it. It’s never tasted ethanol-blended fuel.

I live on Vancouver Island, and am looking forward to reading more about what other people are doing with their V’s.

Cheers.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Lots of goooood info here.

I was following before I picked mine up and read lots, got feedback/guidance, on my mods.

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
Definitely drive it more.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Welcome aboard, you may actually want to keep it pure being the mileage is so low, that’s a bit of a unicorn. And definitely drive it!

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Welcome aboard, you may actually want to keep it pure being the mileage is so low, that’s a bit of a unicorn. And definitely drive it!
Long ago a friend in the Harley world said to me, you want the most unique Harley...keep it stock. Years later, he wasn't wrong.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Long ago a friend in the Harley world said to me, you want the most unique Harley...keep it stock. Years later, he wasn't wrong.
LOL

Yes, it’s an unusual one. The dealer always gets excited when I bring it in. There aren’t many of the Coupes out here.

I get it re: the Harley reference. Been riding them all my life. The garage next to the V houses my bike zone … ‘17 Softail Slim S c/w Sidecar, ‘79 Sportster 1000 project bike and ‘68 Norton Cafe Racer.

·
Premium Member
‘13 WDT A6 sedan, headers, intake, two booster seats in the back.
2,601 Posts
Welcome from the Vancouver area in Washington, USA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
1,225 Posts
Welcome to the forum!
Lots of great info here, real modding is encouraged, Hennessy is not. Peruse the vendors’ websites, Lookit all the cool stuff they offer the gen 2 V world and read around here to see what folks do with it all.
Given the unicorn status of your V, perfectly understandable if you chose to keep it stock. The beauty of these cars (besides the sheer beauty of the coupe’s sexiness) is that even bone stock they are badass and a hoot to drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts