Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is getting embarrassing!!! I've turned of the auto-locking option, but can't figure out how to turn off the honking when a fob is left in the car!!! I left my purse in the car, husband had his fob, and it honked at us when we shut the doors. Also embarrassing when it honked at the gas station when he got out. "Hey everyone! Look at us in our new Cadillac!!!" :eek:

The owner's manual says you can turn this off and refers you to the personalization section. But either I'm blind or it's not in there!!

Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Not sure you can, but if you can it would be in the DOC options.

I personally like it cuz it reminds me I left the keys in there.

·
Premium Member
3,447 Posts
I too hate the honking thing. I like to leave my keys in the car at night when I pull into the garage. Spent an hour trying to turn off the horn and couldn't do it. Asked Cadillac service to do it and they couldn't. Looks like a number of features were promised in the owners manual but not turned on at the factory. One of the guys on the other forum was hacking a ton of things. Maybe he figured how to shut off the horn.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Honk @ lock is turned off - set to lights only, so that's not it.

Guess next time I'm with my husband when he gets out at the gas station, I'll just hold my purse out the window! :confused:

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
The only way I can think of would be to disconnect the horn wire right at the horn. Find the horn wire under the steering wheel ( hopefully 12 volts DC positive or ground) and run a dedicated relay to the horn triggered by that wire. That would isolate the horn circuit and hopefully only allow it to sound when the steering wheel horn button was depressed and nothing else.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
My 2009 doesn't do this, my wife will still be in the car with a FOB in her Purse when I get out like to get gas & the horn doesn't honk so there must be a way of shutting the horn off so it doesn't honk if a FOB is still in the car. I don't know how the shut it off though, the car was already set up that way when I bought it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
THIS IS AN EASY FIX!!

I have been reading up on this everywhere...and everyone has said it can not be overridden. No true. Time to clarify.
I just purchased a 12 cts coupe and the well hated 3 horn beep nearly made me sell the car.
I spoke with the dealer - they hooked up a diagnostics scanner and turned it off within seconds. Keep in mind, this can not be done through the dash selection buttons (2014 on up allows easy turn off through the CUE system)

Didnt cost me a thing and any cadillac dealer can stop the beep!! Love my car now.

·
Premium Member
15,633 Posts
If the fob is inside, it eventually "forgets" and the doors will lock IIRC.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,057 Posts
I still may stop by the dealer.
Usually the keys do not leave my pocket, and the headlights are on auto.
We need more of @Domsz06 input, if not just for his avatar. :p

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Tech-II diagnostic scanner. I used the one at my dealership to turn on TPMS in my 2002 Z06. But I was friends with the Service Manager and so had "easy access". Not every dealership will do this for you. It's not a GM-approved change. But it costs them nothing but the labor, which would be about 5 minutes. Tell 'em you'll pay for an hour even though it'll take much less.

I had this experience with my WeaponX upgraded sway bars. The dealership where I bought the car would not make any non-factory changes, declined to install them for me. Just as well since they were an hour's drive away. Happily, another Caddy dealership nearby had no problem saying "yes".

·
Registered
206 Posts
I'll look at my SPS & tech2 functions to see what's available when I find the time, I'll report my findings later...

like others have said, why would you leave your key in the car, makes it much easier to steal, its super easy to open up a standard garage door.

·
Premium Member
1,222 Posts
THIS IS AN EASY FIX!!

I have been reading up on this everywhere...and everyone has said it can not be overridden. No true. Time to clarify.
I just purchased a 12 cts coupe and the well hated 3 horn beep nearly made me sell the car.
I spoke with the dealer - they hooked up a diagnostics scanner and turned it off within seconds. Keep in mind, this can not be done through the dash selection buttons (2014 on up allows easy turn off through the CUE system)

Didnt cost me a thing and any cadillac dealer can stop the beep!! Love my car now.
The honk when the car locks itself can be turned off. I too turned it off and just have the light flash.

That’s not what the OP asked. The ask was to turn off the three honk that occurs when you leave the fob in the car. That to my knowledge cannot he turned off via the user settings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 19 of 19 Posts