Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know about the PDR but it's silly having to play back a recording to know what you got for your 0-60 time. My friends Mustang has a built in thing that pops up on the screen to tell him his times, doesn't the CTS-V have that?

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Usually go to a nhra track for accuracy and real bragging rights.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
Get a dragy, it is very accurate and fun to play with. Their app allows you to post/share/compare validated times with others around the world. I purchased mine on amazon.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
If you have a flat track to run on, a cell phone app will do it, using both the accelerometer and GPS it's about as accurate as anything. But you have to have zero grade.

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
If you have a flat track to run on, a cell phone app will do it, using both the accelerometer and GPS it's about as accurate as anything. But you have to have zero grade.

That is simply not true, the cell phone apps are not accurate at all, the gps refresh rate is way too slow. Ive tried a bunch of those and theyre useless.

If you want something that is actually accurate, Dragy is hard to beat right now, that would be my recommendation, you can measure about anything, 0-60 1/8th mile 1/4 mile 60-130 etc etc etc

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've tried a few of the phone apps, they all constantly lose connection, useless. I really don't understand why the PDR function couldn't just be an always on type thing, such a weird desicion by GM.
I looked into the Dragy, not sure I want to spend that kind of money right now, oh well.

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
Based on my experience, the PDR doesn't seem anywhere near as accurate as Dragy, although it is likely much better than the phone apps. One thing I noticed with the PDR is that the 0-60 value you see as an overlay on the video is different than the 0-60 time you can see if you open that same PDR video in the cosworth tool software. There is a page in the cosworth software that shows you a more precise 0-60 and it is different than what shows on the video overlay.

·
Premium Member
15,017 Posts
Does the dragy have to be wired in or be plugged into the OBDII?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
No the Dragy is a small wireless device that just needs to be set on the dash and connects via Bluetooth to your apple or android phone using their free app. It comes with a couple of sticky tape magnet mounts. It needs unobstructed view out of the windshield to pick up gps satellites.

Reactions: random84

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Maybe thats why my phone keeps losing connection, I'll see if it works right under the windshield. Dragy sounds good tho, maybe I'll eventually invest in it

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
Does the dragy have to be wired in or be plugged into the OBDII?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Its a gps sensor basically with a fast refresh rate, connects to phone with bluetooth, it located satelites and then does its thing.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Was doing some more research on this and seem to have found a great way to do this now, appears car reviewers use it. Bluetooth ODB sensor tied into a phone app called Touque. I just ordered the ODBLink MX, I'll report back when I get it and try it out!

·
Content
4,711 Posts
Draggy or Race Logic Pro Mini are the two most accurate using GPS. They have been compared many times to many Dragstrip’s and are the closest even to the nearest .01

Draggy is the cheapest and easiest to use. It has gathered a serious following over the short time it has been out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 15 of 15 Posts