Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2012 CTS-V Sedan
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2012 Sedan. Pop-up screen decided to quit moving. Bought complete assembly from eBay with scratched screen and poor-looking top. How do I disassemble in order to use the parts from the eBay one to fix the broken one in my car?

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
The center console bezel needs to come out. There are bolts holding it in beneath the trim pieces that run along the part on top of the transmission tunnel. The trim pieces to the left and right top of the center bezel need to come out, too (on my car, they're wood). These parts pry out, exposing the mounting points for the bezel. From there, it should be clear what else you need to do.

·
Registered
2012 CTS-V Sedan
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The center console bezel needs to come out. There are bolts holding it in beneath the trim pieces that run along the part on top of the transmission tunnel. The trim pieces to the left and right top of the center bezel need to come out, too (on my car, they're wood). These parts pry out, exposing the mounting points for the bezel. From there, it should be clear what else you need to do.
I'm asking about how to remove the screen itself from the navigation mount. I have a complete unit I received from ebay and have researched how to take the one out of my car. I just want to replace the screen on the ebay one with mine as the ebay unit has a scratched screen.

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Looking at that disassembled, makes me wish there was just a better screen to put in.

Reactions: loweredd

·
Registered
2012 CTS-V Sedan
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looking at that disassembled, makes me wish there was just a better screen to put in.
I agree, I haven't replaced it yet. Going to do that this weekend and have my son help. Hopefully it fixes the issue.

Just make sure to out it back together while it's fresh in your mind. Don't wait a couple weeks. 😁
I know. It's already been a few days. Going to do it this weekend, hopefully.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.