Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I decided I would write a how to on modifying the stock grille by removing the imprint of the stock emblem.
All of the work was done with the grille on the car.

Emblems can be purchased at Genuine Replacement parts for all GM makes - OEM GM Parts and use coupon code CTSVOWNERS at checkout for free shipping.

Here is a list of all the new emblems are part numbers.

ATS-V Front Emblem: 23157689
ATS-V Rear Emblem: 23157691
Cadillac Escalade Rear Emblem (for 09 sedans with extra rear holes in trunk): 23182046
Silver center caps with chrome crest: 23156594
Black center caps with chrome crest: 23461848
V2 (current) "V" badge: 15851892
New style "V" badge (side/door) 23103789
ATS-V round Engine Cover Emblem: 12657805

NOTE: This will only work if you plan on painting your stock grille black or some other color.

Prepping the new emblem:

Step 1: Remove the side tabs, get them as flat as you can. I cut them off with flush cutters, then I heated up a screw driver tip and pushed the remaining tab flat.

Step 2: Remove the top center tab and flatten the same way as step 1.

Step 3: Modifying upper left and upper right tabs. Remove the areas in black sharpie.

Stock Emblem Removal:

Step 1: Remove the stock emblem with a small flat head screw driver.

Step 2: Remove all of the adhesive left behind using goo-gone or some other type of remover of your choice.

Step 3: Emblem Mock Up, Place the emblem on the grille, If you cut tabs correctly it will slide right in and cover all of the stock crest but not all of the wreath.

Step 4: Draw a line with a sharpie above and below the emblem to mark how far you will need to cut out.

Step 5: Using a sharpie, draw the cross pattern on the areas to remove and shade them in. All areas shaded in black will need to be cut out using a dermel.

Step 6: Place the emblem on the grille once again to ensure all areas shaded match up.

Step 7: Cut out all black areas with a dremel.

Step 8: Final emblem mock up after grille has been modified.

Step 9: Tape up the front of the car and paint the grille or grille area you modified if already painted.

Step 10: Once the paint is dry, use 3M Permanent mounting tape to install the emblem. I used 3 layers because there is a small gap between the back of the emblem and the flat mounting surface on the grille.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Yep, in for pics.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Looks like steps 1-5 work

·
2X 9 second club
11,153 Posts
looks pretty good doing it that way of you are painting it black. I kept mine the silver/chrome look and had to get the aftermarket one.

if anyone wants an oem grill, mine is just laying in the garage, maybe me an offer.....this way your car isn't down while you work on this project.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Does that coupon code still work? Also is the # for a manual suede shift knob and boot 25858071?

·
Vendor
1,728 Posts
Well done. I just ordered them thanks for part numbers n stuff. I'd like to keep my grill chrome so I'm going to get an outline of the ats badge and expand it 15% or so and make an aluminum cut out. I'll either paint match it or cf wrap it then lay the badge on that and it should cover the areas where the wreath were. See how that looks and if it doesn't look good I'll do what u did.

·
Registered
111 Posts
It was super easy to just add the emblem to the grille blank. If you decide to go that way, hit up Valerie at
J & A AUTO ACCESSORIES, INC.
13435 S. Main Street
Los Angeles, CA 90061
Tel: 310.327.4981
Fax:310.327.5078

Sent from Logan S.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts