Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
09 Ctsv auto trans. Car has a freshly rebuilt lsa shortblock , TSP ported heads BTR stage 3 pds cam, ported blower and snout, 2” headers and catless 3” xpipe to magnaflow mufflers, 2.5 upper and 9.1 lower, track attack HX, varimax pump, and fasterproms icebox, ported ls7 TB, 4” new era intake with the 14” green filter, 1000cc injectors, DW 340lph fuel pumps and a flex fuel sensor. Car is hitting the dyno soon, how much WHP should I expect? Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,940 Posts

Reactions: MYV and Blades1_99

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
Just shy of a million. :)

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
120 less than you hoped for

Reactions: MYV

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
Tree Fiddy Herspers

·
Premium Member
3,940 Posts
Car made 640whp on 93 first pull on the dyno then threw a rod on deceleration.
Faaaaaak! I guess you'll be having a long conversation with your engine rebuilder.

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
Big OOOF. Good luck. I feel like every situation I have heard or seen like this the engine builder blames the tuner and the tuner blames the builder.
It makes it a lot easier when the same shop builds and tunes it.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Damnitboy........

Reactions: Omgctsv

·
Super Moderator
21,715 Posts
Big OOOF. Good luck. I feel like every situation I have heard or seen like this the engine builder blames the tuner and the tuner blames the builder.
It makes it a lot easier when the same shop builds and tunes it.
That’s the beauty of some of the tuners.

The tune it to the ragged edge and then get to build it. It’s a great business model.

The key is to con, I mean win, the trust of the owner of the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Haven’t torn into yet but there’s a decent hole next to cylinder 2 and pieces of metal that came out. Tuner thinks ring gap was too tight causing the top of the piston to break off or engine builder left a rod cap loose. Talked to engine builder and he’s shocked that this happened. He said to pull the engine and tear it down with him to see what went wrong.

·
Premium Member
3,940 Posts
It broke. That's what went wrong. Tell him to build another one while he's waiting for the autopsy results.

Reactions: Prime Time

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I’ll call him tomorrow and ask if he can start assembling a new engine. Do you think he’ll actually cover the cost?

·
Super Moderator
21,715 Posts
I’ll call him tomorrow and ask if he can start assembling a new engine. Do you think he’ll actually cover the cost?
Doubt it. That doesn’t fit with most business models.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
I'd have it out and at his front door in the morning and let him open it up to find out what happened.

Reactions: Omgctsv
1 - 20 of 25 Posts