Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much hp can I expect to pick up with 1 7/8” headers with no cats and 3” mid pipes with my set up? I plan to install next month around this time.

Setup
BTR S3 cam and valve springs
TA HX
2.55 LPE upper
9.1 LPE lower
LS7 non ported (for now) TB
Airaid with green filter
160 stat
1000cc injectors
TR7 plugs
MSD wires
Varimax pump
Corsa cat back
Retune for exhaust and bigger injectors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You have been here long enough to know that NOTHING makes more power than the stock manifold do!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Ha. Only if Joker performance were to start porting them......

I had read about 25hp just from headers and exhaust but wasn’t sure with my mods how much it would free up.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
For a car with your mods 45ish is my guess.

·
I need about tree fiddy.
1,061 Posts
Short answer: enough with better (or louder depending on personal opinion) note.

Long answer: not enough with better (or louder depending on personal opinion) note.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
My tuner seems to believe he can get about 40-50whp out of long tubes and xpipe mated to the mods in my signature. He says the stock manifold and the stock flat sections after my test pipes are restricting the breathing of my engine.

Seems the general consensus on here is bout that.

·
Premium Member
15,029 Posts
How much hp can I expect to pick up with 1 7/8” headers with no cats and 3” mid pipes with my set up? I plan to install next month around this time.

Setup
BTR S3 cam and valve springs
TA HX
2.55 LPE upper
9.1 LPE lower
LS7 non ported (for now) TB
Airaid with green filter
160 stat
1000cc injectors
TR7 plugs
MSD wires
Varimax pump
Corsa cat back
Retune for exhaust and bigger injectors.

Check out the link in my sig.

This is soooo 2015. ;D

On my stock heads M6 Wagon with a middle of the road cam, with a 30% overdrive pulley; in good weather I picked up around 50 RWHP with ARH catted headers - taking off the stock exhaust that had the primary cats removed. This was a same-day comparison. Check my thread for the details... YMMV.

At the time, other essentially stock V2s seemed to gain around 30 HP from what I could find. A6 vs M6, tuning and air quality, as well as the integrity of the dyno will influence your results.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Check out the link in my sig.

This is soooo 2015. ;D

On my stock heads M6 Wagon with a middle of the road cam, with a 30% overdrive pulley; in good weather I picked up around 50 RWHP with ARH catted headers - taking off the stock exhaust that had the primary cats removed. This was a same-day comparison. Check my thread for the details... YMMV.

At the time, other essentially stock V2s seemed to gain around 30 HP from what I could find. A6 vs M6, tuning and air quality, as well as the integrity of the dyno will influence your results.

Do you still have your secondary O2 sensors active with the catted headers? THat is my concern, stupid Georgia has emissions.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Do you still have your secondary O2 sensors active with the catted headers? THat is my concern, stupid Georgia has emissions.
When you say emisions, they have a sniffer?

Because if its just OBD plug and read, hptuners will get you around absolutely anything. Ready monitors and all...

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
When you say emisions, they have a sniffer?

Because if its just OBD plug and read, hptuners will get you around absolutely anything. Ready monitors and all...
No they just plug in OBD...I know I can turn off the codes in HPtuners (I already did this for the rear O2's when I unplugged one for my wideband) but I was under the impression that this didn't force the readiness it just disabled the CEL.

If it forces readiness then I am all good, or is there something special I have to do to make catalyst efficiency set to ready?

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
My codes are all simply off and readiness monitors are good to go.

If for some reason that doesn't do the trick (it should) then you can set all codes off, flash, all monitors will be ready, inspect and then reflash with normal tune. That info is from hptuners forum.

To check readiness monitors, plug in MPVI, ignition on, open scanner (not recording/actively scanning) go to the engine control tab and run the DTC test and it will show you monitor status.

Even with all of this info, I was a bit nervous with my first inspection last month, but I passed with flying colors, MPVI and laptop sitting in the front seat, lol.

·
Premium Member
15,029 Posts
Adam answered it - but I do not have secondary cats, the codes are turned off, and I removed the ARH converters last year after the pipe rusted through from the inside (defect in manufacturing).

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Adam answered it - but I do not have secondary cats, the codes are turned off, and I removed the ARH converters last year after the pipe rusted through from the inside (defect in manufacturing).

When you removed the ARH converters you just switched back to the stock manifolds right? Because it has been proven to a scientific degree of certainty that Manifolds > headers :rolleyes:

Reactions: random84

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
My codes are all simply off and readiness monitors are good to go.

If for some reason that doesn't do the trick (it should) then you can set all codes off, flash, all monitors will be ready, inspect and then reflash with normal tune. That info is from hptuners forum.

To check readiness monitors, plug in MPVI, ignition on, open scanner (not recording/actively scanning) go to the engine control tab and run the DTC test and it will show you monitor status.

Even with all of this info, I was a bit nervous with my first inspection last month, but I passed with flying colors, MPVI and laptop sitting in the front seat, lol.
Perfect! I will check, I haven't checked for readiness since last year when I got my inspection before I messed with the O2's.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts