Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I definitely will buy new ones for next year as I am switching wheel/tire sizes. Do I need to move that up to this year? Here's the background. I only made four passes last year due to COVID and both times I went to the track someone blew up and oiled down the track. I haven't been out this year yet so there's still plenty of tread, but this is the fourth season. Since the local track shut down I don't want to drive 1.5 - 2 hours and not be able to hook.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread

Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread Bumper

·
Registered
319 Posts
With the level of difficulty many members have had tracking down new rubber…keep em, prepped surface they should do fine. Or even street hooning, good to go.

·
Registered
61 Posts
With the level of difficulty many members have had tracking down new rubber…keep em, prepped surface they should do fine. Or even street hooning, good to go.
I would order the new ones now- who knows when you'll get them and the price will likely be higher the longer you wait. Meanwhile your current tires look new so use them.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm more concerned with the rubber turning hard. I know I have plenty of tread. By measurement the tread is just half used.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
I’ve they’ve been out of the sun and extreme temps, they should be fine. Do a big burnout to scrub the outer layer off when you get to the track.

Reactions: db-guru
1 - 6 of 6 Posts