Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

501 - 520 of 521 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
I bought a 2012 3 months ago with 65k miles. It is pretty clean and was pure stock. I bought the V2 because everything I have read seems to indicate they are pretty bullet proof. Going in next Thursday for more mods. Happy so far.

·
Premium Member
1,656 Posts
Funny, I missed this thread when I got my 2011WDT (I call her Pearl) Coupe, in July of 2017. She was bone stock 4294 at a Kia dealership in Spartanburg SC. I flew up and drove her back and hit 5k turning on to my street.

She is my daily with the mods listed in the signature with 36,xxx today.

I was 100 miles on the road home when I thought to take a pic of the odometer for posterity.

To this day best car purchase I have made. Also to this day I wish the engineers had given Vs a bigger gas tank.
I totally agree with all of your statements. My daily, and best purchase ever (‘02 TL-Type S was also nice). 2-3 gallons more in the gas tank would have been nice; the 911 even has a bigger tank.

Sent from my iPhone using motherf’n Tapatalk!

·
Banned
33 Posts
I too am new to the GEN2 V... purchasing an 09 w 39K miles.. PGC Sedan, 1 owner, perfect!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Bought my 09 at 50k, traded it in at 99k. Other than tires, brakes and a broken coolant hose (that T fitting right in front of the radiator) it was fine. Blower made a little noise and that was before they were replacing them, so that could have been bad.

Bought my '12 at 60k miles. It has a bunch of bolt-ons (600-ish wheel) and it just turned 100k. It's had a few more issues. I replaced the leaking rear mag ride shocks and front control arm bushings at around 70k, stuck thermostat around then too. Windows screeching, door panels coming apart, airbag lights, etc. None of it has been major and I've been able to do most of it in my garage. I stick my foot in it a lot, so I'm actually surprised at how relatively trouble free it's been!

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
J

·
Registered
6 Posts
44,430 miles and an M6. Previous owner literally built it 99.9% exactly how I was planning. I really lucked out on this unicorn. IG @10SCNDV

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
Nice! There are a few build threads around that show with about 3k in parts and a tune you can get that car in the high 10s👍

·
Registered
26 Posts
09 was sedan. There is definitely more interior space in back seat versus the ATS-V. It will hold 2 car seats for the 4 and 5 year old grandsons.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Love the setup! What wheels are those and what size, offset etc? Are you on coils or coupe eibachs?
Thanks! I have XO Luxury Verona 20" wheels. Front tires are Hankook Ventus V12 evo2s, 245/30/20... rear tires are Nitto NT05's, 315/35/20. Fronts are lowered on Eibach ProSports, rear springs are stock. Not sure the offset.

That is my street set up...

Here's a pic when she makes Fords and Dodges cry 😈
Weld wheels, 18x5, MT 26X6.00R18LT, Rears: 17x11, MT 315/40/17

09 was sedan. There is definitely more interior space in back seat versus the ATS-V. It will hold 2 car seats for the 4 and 5 year old grandsons.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Exaclty the reason why I picked the CTSV over the ATSV. I wanted the comfort and room for the kiddos. I'll always love the look of the ATS tho. On top of that, my insurance is only $80/mo for full coverage on my CTS. It would have been a lot more for a newer vehicle.

Attachments

501 - 520 of 521 Posts