Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

481 - 500 of 521 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
I had to put fronts on mine already, debating what to do for rears.

Gofast parts slowly piling up...

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Probably just going to drive it for now. Need some tires soon. Running drag radials now. I am going to update my tune.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Question for you when you mention update your tune.... does that meaning you add some more parts or just
re looking at previous tune and make some parameter changes ?

I asked because my current tune is 2.5 yrs old, and I made some small changes over the yrs.

The Champ dranked some rain water on a 60 mile trip and she was acting funny for about 3 wks .
Also airRaid filter change
Changed to a oem thermostat
Plugs tr6.

Car rides fine.
Is there a rule of thumb when to go relook the tune over?

Just trying to learn this piece thanks.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm just need to do some fine tuning. My car has a BTR 3 cam as well. I am trying to do some fine tuning as I'm getting some codes p1175 when I first start the car.

Steve

·
Registered
3 Posts
I bought my 2014 coupe in 2017 with 32K miles on it. The only real issues I had was the supercharger bearings were noisy (Cadillac replaced under warranty) and a strange creaking sound in the front end when the weather is cold. Cadillac has replaced all of the upper and lower control arms but when the weather is cold it still does it. I have had several people look at it but no one can find anything wrong. Aside from that it has been a great car so far (currently 55K miles).

·
Registered
26 Posts
stock converter?
Yes, stock converter. The car idles at 750 rpm. The only issue I have had is I just had to replace my alternator. I was getting the check power steering disable message. I drove it for a couple weeks and one evening I was driving the battery light came on.

Steve

·
Registered
102 Posts
My '11 had 19k on it when I bought it in July of '17 and now has almost 30k.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Nice! Nothing like a new car! I had a 2014 CTS V Sport with 29 miles on it a few years ago. It got totaled by a lady more interested in making it into the latte stand rather than driving a busy intersection

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Funny, I missed this thread when I got my 2011WDT (I call her Pearl) Coupe, in July of 2017. She was bone stock 4294 at a Kia dealership in Spartanburg SC. I flew up and drove her back and hit 5k turning on to my street.

She is my daily with the mods listed in the signature with 36,xxx today.

I was 100 miles on the road home when I thought to take a pic of the odometer for posterity.

To this day best car purchase I have made. Also to this day I wish the engineers had given Vs a bigger gas tank.

Attachments

481 - 500 of 521 Posts