Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 20 of 521 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone on here purchased a V with high mileage? I consider high mileage to be 70K+. If so, how has your vehicle held up? Have any mods been done to it? Interested to see if they're holding up well performance wise, past the 70K, 80K, and even 90K miles.:confused:

·
Jaguar
870 Posts
Not high mileage, but i bought the car with 23k, first owner had it 3 years. I have put about 10k on it in 7-8 months, just so fun to drive. Only things i had addressed were the driver seat bracket and i had some front brake cooling ducts need some repair. And the goddamn gas take must have a leak in it... lol

·
Registered
869 Posts
2012 was bought in Sept 2014 with 21k mi (has 35k on it now, 8 months later)

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
When i got mine it had 45k.

Has 46.5 right now after 3 months

·
Registered
196 Posts
Just got my 2012 last Friday with 40k miles on it. It was a one owner lease who just traded it back in.

·
Registered
224 Posts
2013 Sedan with 21,000 miles. Bought last year in May.

·
Registered
329 Posts
2009 bought with 14k got 15800 now modded and just cammed. Everything good

Reactions: [email protected]

·
Registered
3,179 Posts

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
Got mine with 45k two years ago only problems have been SC replacement and diff replacement both know issues and some minor things like weather stripping.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Bought my 12 sedan with 36K on it on March 9th of this year... as of yesterday it had 42500... What can I say its a blast to drive.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Just bought mine with 29k 2012, taking it to have the SC looked at and see if they can do anything about my driver seat shifting and the headlights fogging up when it rains. Car is going to be a blast

·
Premium Member
831 Posts
Bought mine with 17000+ miles on it. Had the supercharger replaced shortly after buying it due to the marbles, otherwise no issues. My intercooler pump is still fine (IAT2's look great), but I am replacing it with the varimax pump due to all the stock pump failures I have heard about.

Edit: my back up camera did go out a little while ago, but I removed the rear trunk panel and made sure all connections were tight and it works again, took about 10 minutes to do so it's not really an issue.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Bought last year with 36k and change.

As long as the car was well maintained and is priced right I wouldn't see an issue with buying something with what you're looking at.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
8k.

Have to edit this. Car is at 66k now. Where do those miles go?

·
Premium Member
1,154 Posts
October 30th 2013. 2012 V-Coupe with 9,800 miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Caddy5

·
Registered
118 Posts
2009 bought December 29, 2014 with 39k miles, now have 44k miles. I have had the SC replaced with the extended warranty, replaced rear shocks, front lower control arms, and rear stabilizer bar bushings. Hoping nothing else needs replacing for awhile.

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
Bought my 2009 in October of 2013 with 40k on it and sold it a little over a month ago with 51k on it. Bought my 2012 Coupe April 19th 2015 with 29.3k on it and it now has 30.8k on it but took it on a couple road trips. I don't daily drive mine.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Bought mine July 4th last year with over 75k miles. Will clock over 99k miles today, and daily driven 100 miles :)

Previous one owner did a heck of a job with the scheduled maintenance. Still on original blower and isolator!! Only mod is ported LSA TB.

Just did my first tranny and rear diff. drain & fill....had no idea old rear diff. fluid smelled like granny foot.

Repairs done:
Replaced 3 tires:$400
Boost solenoid & diagnostic: $380

·
Premium Member
2,764 Posts
The OP is asking about high mileage V2s. There are multiple reports both on this site and the other site regarding V2s surviving very well with routine maintenance to well over the 100k mile marker. I'd buy a 75k V with no problem as a daily.

After all, the V is pretty much well-proven low-tech as far as drivetrain goes. There will always be someone who knows how to fix a small block V8 Chevy engine such as we have, or the modded truck tranny that 6AT Vs have.

1 - 20 of 521 Posts