Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This may not be the "correct way"
So proceed with caution. But it was pretty simple being my first and having help and not rushing works!

There are numerous install guides and videos that talk about how to remove the snout and seem to leave out the actual pulley install part lol. A really good snout uninstall/ install guide can be found through Lingenfelter! Go in their site and go to the pulleys and click on install guide!!

So here's what we did. Just for the pulley. Well we bought a press from harbor freight, well as a group of friends we kinda wanted one so we pitched in but they're only 120-180 ish new.

We took the snout and put it face down, the pulley seated between the press plates (that came with the press) and aligned the back with a 19mm socket we put over the center pin and centered between the other 3. Take care in making sure it is perfectly centered on the press!!!!!

Should still be able to rotate freely when pressure is applied. Then we simply pressed downward slowly, until I felt resistance you can see in the last image the shaft lined up about the same as the stock one.

Then I simply reinstall. I cannot explain how careful we were then realized how infinitely easier this step was then using the 3 jaw puller to remove the oem pulley lol it went really smooth. Just make sure nothing is binding, don't press the pins directly as I said we used a 19 mm impact socket to go over center pin and avoid touching other pins.... Then I reinstalled using the Lingenfelter instructions on their site.

P.s.
There are specific torque specs so read the instructions before installing the snout and supercharger back onto the engine.

Attachments

·
Registered
322 Posts
Nicely done. I was reading up on doing this and was wondering why it is so rare to do this yourself with a press. Luckily I think my garage space has the exact same press lol.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
I have the same press but haven't used it yet. Cool to see a practical use for it. Wish I would have had it when I did my pulley install.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts