Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't post a 1 sec video it says the video is to large I need help with my 09 cts v sedan not cranking

·
Premium Member
2,395 Posts
Sucks, but you may need to upload it to your YouTube and then link it here.
Maybe someone knows a better way.

Sent from my iPhone using motherf’n Tapatalk!

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
Some really like Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
858 Posts
Looks like you're not getting power from the starter relay. Check that first. If you can jump the starter relay and it cranks you'll have to check trigger power to the relay. Usually even with a bad starter the solenoid will click.

·
Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
1,100 Posts
Automatic or standard? Clutch safety switch or neutral safety switch.
As stated, you'll likely need to go to the starter relay to verify that it is getting the signal power.
In the mean time, I would begin with these things to try:
Auto trans: Shift to neutral, try the starter, shift out of and into PARK several times and try again.

Manual: operate the clutch pedal several times and even try to push the pedal into the carpet to see if it affects the starter operation.

·
Registered
858 Posts
I thought that too but in the video the p is clearly illuminated. Doesn't hurt to try I guess but these rarely have a false reading for park like the old 4L stuff.

·
Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
1,100 Posts
These cars clearly have a position indicator tracking the lever position at the trans but do they ALSO still employ a NSS at the shift handle inside the console? I simply dont know if they may have for redundancy. Nonoethless, whatever mechanism is employed, give it a few extra operations just to rule out simple stuff.

·
Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
1,100 Posts
I couldn't get the vid to load but now it did. I cant tell if he turned to crank position once or three times it pops by pretty quickly. It LOOKS like he went to crank position at the beginning and tellingly, ALL the dash went black when he hit crank.
If that is what it did, thats an indication of lost supply current. Corroded or loose battery terminal, bad cell, loose ground...

This condition (if thats what happened) would likely also cause the radio/mirrors/seats to all lose their memories, as well.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I couldn't get the vid to load but now it did. I cant tell if he turned to crank position once or three times it pops by pretty quickly. It LOOKS like he went to crank position at the beginning and tellingly, ALL the dash went black when he hit crank.
If that is what it did, thats an indication of lost supply current. Corroded or loose battery terminal, bad cell, loose ground...

This condition (if thats what happened) would likely also cause the radio/mirrors/seats to all lose their memories, as well.
Tried the park and neutral but nothing thanks for your help

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
858 Posts
Clean all those contacts, and check the battery. Have someone put a multimeter on the battery while you crank and see what you get.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

I haven't lost any of the stations on the radio tried the relay starter and putting on park and neutral but nothing I'm gonna purchase a new battery and by any chance do you know were is the starter on these cars 2009 sedan auto

·
Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
1,100 Posts
Passenger side of the engine, hiding between the engine block and the passenger side catalytic converter.

·
Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
1,100 Posts
There are diagnostic steps that you can go through to better pinpoint the actual problem; that sort of approach will usually save you some money by preventing the purchase of possibly unneeded parts. That said, though, in the case of batteries, unless your battery is quite new, you don't often go wrong replacing them because if the battery is three or more years old, it probably needs or is close to needing replacement anyway.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts