Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know the word “loud” is subjective but I’ve been eyeballing the Hooker Blackheart exhaust for my V wagon. Currently I have ARH long tubes with catted X pipe (the cats blew out and I’m hoping the material is all out of the system by now)… then the factory X pipe and stock mufflers. The car sounds great at full throttle but other than cold-starts I’d like a little more sound at idle and slow speeds.

Searching for this exhaust on the Google and even on here I have only found a few people using it but I’m curious how dang loud it would be if I installed them with my long tubes and two x pipes. I like loud but it has to sound good. One way to describe it is most of the mustangs I hear with exhaust are just flat out obnoxious. Don’t want that…

Video from last night at the track for a current sound check.

http://instagr.am/p/CQkRek_j9Zc/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
383 Posts
Sounds good! just do QTP cutouts (with turn downs) with wireless remote control. You can adjust the cutout valve to be open, 1/4 1/2, 3/4 or all the way open which will make the V sound insane. I have B&B test pipes and I run my valves at 1/4 open. Sounds great and neighbor's don't hate me. I synced my remote to the home link button's so I really have full control of the valves.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I synced my remote to the home link button's so I really have full control of the valves.
That is brilliant !!! I was also curious about how restrictive the squished exhaust section is under the brace. Probably not much but…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
383 Posts
I still have my crimped section on the exhaust. With my cutouts half way open, I get a lot of deep pops and bangs out of the exhaust on deceleration. Makes it sound like it means business.....the cool thing is....it means business 😆. ( way to toot your own horn huh) but seriously, I think you will enjoy the cutouts. Its a lot cheaper then getting a set of mufflers and it being to loud for your taste. There's no going back from there. The cutouts on the other hand, you can go from stealth to full blown NASCAR with a push of a button.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts