Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving down the 5 frwy to work this morning around 6am and "Hood Open" message comes on my DIC. I move over to the right lane and make it to my exit and pull over to check it. Sure enough it's in the safety latch position. I haven't opened the hood in several days and it just came up when driving on the frwy. How can this happen with it being a mechanical release, any ideas?
My trunk does pop open at times but that's a known issue and never had my hood pop open on it's own. I'll take a closer look at the mechanics later today.

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Something flexed to pull it.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Or the latch needs to be sprayed up because the spring didn't pull the catch all the way back last time you opened it

·
Registered
37 Posts
Lucky....I popped mine to let it cool after some runs. i didnt get a chance to fully open it because we immediately went again and I forgot to lock it down....didnt have a warning 😅 VERY lucky it didnt open.

Reactions: SoCalDave

·
Premium Member
2009 Sedan
139 Posts
Dang. I had a 2nd gen S10 with a 4 3/4" cowl hood. I was loading it up on a trailer to go sell it and after checking everything over I thought I'd go take it for a rip up the road ne last time. I got about 3/4 a mile up the road and the hood I forgot to close flipped open and the cowl punched a hole through the windsheild and dash. It was awesome. 😬

1 - 5 of 5 Posts