Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read every thread on here and still don't know the best answer. I live in SLC, have a 2011 A6 Coupe, the only mods so far are Airaid intake and Borla axle back exhaust. I want to do a basic stage one upgrade with the upper pulley, injectors, and tune. We only have 91 octane available here, the pulley recommendations range from 2.45-2.55, what is best in this environment? At this point I do not intend to modify further but will go with the bigger injectors just in case. What is the best pulley size and why?

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
I have read every thread on here and still don't know the best answer. I live in SLC, have a 2011 A6 Coupe, the only mods so far are Airaid intake and Borla axle back exhaust. I want to do a basic stage one upgrade with the upper pulley, injectors, and tune. We only have 91 octane available here, the pulley recommendations range from 2.45-2.55, what is best in this environment? At this point I do not intend to modify further but will go with the bigger injectors just in case. What is the best pulley size and why?
If the car still has stock exhaust up to the cat back system, I'd say you are perfectly fine to go either pulley, and still not need to swap injectors as long as you stay on 91. Yes SLC has elevation (4K), but I still say your IDC should be ok even when it cools down. If you mod outside of this, (headers, lower pulley, cam etc) you will have to swap injectors.

Reactions: subaru335i

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the inputs, I will upgrade the injectors to be safe and offer future capability. My main question is the pulley size and which is the best choice for this application.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Thank you for the inputs, I will upgrade the injectors to be safe and offer future capability. My main question is the pulley size and which is the best choice for this application.
since you are at altitude I would say 2.45 would be good.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts