Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A CIVIC type "R" with an automatic transmission.

If it is anything like the transmission in the NSX it will be tits.

·
Premium Member
4,248 Posts
That was faster than the V2 that broke the 8 minute mark for sedans? I am speechless.

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
Still a civic.

Sorry.

There are three billion more out there just one sticker away from looking exactly like it.

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
I saw the title and got excited that Honda was going to produce a new S2000. But alas its just another FWD car.

I don't hate the CTR and kinda interested in the new Integra but I wouldn't ever buy one.

Reactions: mememe123

·
Registered
461 Posts
Maybe it’s because I’ve always owned American cars, maybe it’s because I’m a large person, maybe it’s the generation I grew up in,.... but I could never imagine wanting a Honda branded car or truck. Everyone is welcome to their own opinion. Just had to voice mine.

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Maybe it’s because I’ve always owned American cars, maybe it’s because I’m a large person, maybe it’s the generation I grew up in,.... but I could never imagine wanting a Honda branded car or truck. Everyone is welcome to their own opinion. Just had to voice mine.
Ok boomer lol.

A good car is a good car and Honda has made great cars. I just don't like FWD regardless of who makes it.
The S2000 is one my favorite cars I have ever owned and I drive it a lot more than my V and even more than my 911.

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Not exactly Subie. But not off by a decade either.

Either way, you won’t find me rockin a fly Honda hoodie.
These days Boomer is a state of mind, not just a generation haha. Anyone can be a boomer if they say boomer shit.

Reactions: m13s

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Reactions: loweredd

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I drove the current CTR on a wet Nurburgring, and I was very impressed with that little rocket. Super neutral, and super hooked up. I too am very interested in seeing how the new CTR comes together!
I am trying to find out what the automatic will be.
If it is a DCT and anything like the NSX, I am sold.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I went to the local HONDA dealer to see if there is any info on a type "R" with a DCT for 2022/23.

They don't know anything, they said the company doesn't even tell them what's up.

They had two type "R" CIVICs in stock on the showroom floor a yellow "limited"edition and a white "standard" type "R".

Get this, the yellow one had a $40k markup!

The white one had a $10k markup.

I want one, but not that badly.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
Went to lunch and saw one in the parking lot. Went outside and chatted with the guy, I think he thought I was a cop and looked a little spooked. We talked about the car, I liked it and it looks to be a hot hatch setup. I would crank it around the racetrack.

·
Premium Member
2009 Sedan
1,357 Posts
I have a buddy that has a 2021 Blue Civic Type R. He seems to like it. He said the lowest markup he could find was $6000, and he had to fly about 1200 miles to go get it.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Got a call today from someone with a very low mile Type "R" for sale.

A 2020. I was pretty blunt about wanting a deal, and I am not interested in paying a markup.

The car is a "whim".

1 - 20 of 34 Posts