Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
And to be clear, your setup with the hydramat solved the problem, yes?
Rob went from dual Fore with two 3x15 hydramats to the ALM triple pump setup, this solved all fuel slosh issues on launch. Rob was pushing the platform hard though, running low 8s in the quarter on the 6L90 before going TH400...I believe he is going to put his V back to a blower setup and build a dedicated race car for himself this time around.

I think you give Fore wayyyyy too much credit on the bucket decision. They dont have a bucket for two reasons: COST, COMPLEXITY

With a bucket, you have to worry about keeping full in all scenarios...not just via the transfer line from DS saddle, but from the same side as well. That's two jet pumps, just like the factory bucket has. Account for the fact that triple walbros take up the entire bucket footprint, and it all makes perfect sense that the first-to-market idea was a simple one, hanging pumps in the tank and ignoring the issues caused by scrapping the entire OEM thought process and design.

As perfect as I am, even I can't make every decision perfectly.

This is interesting. Was he running 15" x three? How low was his fuel level when he would get starvation at launch?

Wonder if he'd sell me his Hydramats?(!)
Perfect and humble...a winning combination any day!

Anecdotally, you must have over half a tank to pull hard Gs with a Fore setup....and I have talked to a lot of people about fuel systems at this point, so the anecdata is plentiful. With good tires and your new build, any time you stomp the skinny pedal is an opportunity to slosh and starve. Probably wont kill the motor in that case, but will definitely stall momentarily, stress the shit out of the drive line, and leave you wishing you had had a full tank.

·
Registered
2012 Wagon A6
106 Posts
Rob went from dual Fore with two 3x15 hydramats to the ALM triple pump setup, this solved all fuel slosh issues on launch. Rob was pushing the platform hard though, running low 8s in the quarter on the 6L90 before going TH400...I believe he is going to put his V back to a blower setup and build a dedicated race car for himself this time around.

I think you give Fore wayyyyy too much credit on the bucket decision. They dont have a bucket for two reasons: COST, COMPLEXITY

With a bucket, you have to worry about keeping full in all scenarios...not just via the transfer line from DS saddle, but from the same side as well. That's two jet pumps, just like the factory bucket has. Account for the fact that triple walbros take up the entire bucket footprint, and it all makes perfect sense that the first-to-market idea was a simple one, hanging pumps in the tank and ignoring the issues caused by scrapping the entire OEM thought process and design.

Perfect and humble...a winning combination any day!

Anecdotally, you must have over half a tank to pull hard Gs with a Fore setup....and I have talked to a lot of people about fuel systems at this point, so the anecdata is plentiful. With good tires and your new build, any time you stomp the skinny pedal is an opportunity to slosh and starve. Probably wont kill the motor in that case, but will definitely stall momentarily, stress the shit out of the drive line, and leave you wishing you had had a full tank.
With your triple pump setup, is it a drop in setup? Does everything between pump and motor need to be redone to accomplish the best performance? Recommendation on fuel line size for them?

Reactions: MrSurly
21 - 22 of 22 Posts