Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,451 Posts
this part makes me wonder how suitable for DD E85 use they are?

(Compatible for methanol and E85 for competitive drag race use only- when draining and flushing after each race event)

·
Vendor
13,298 Posts
they do claim to hold 130psi even under continuous use, so what do they consider continuous?
I dont know what they define it as but in general a single large pump with variable controller tends to work in drag cars or even track cars seeing longer use but not so well on street cars that see alot of idle and low rpm hours. This is the reason dual and triple walbro setups are popular because they are meant for continuous use on the street and only one pump is running most of the time.

·
Premium Member
13,451 Posts
they also claim it to be a 2 stage pump to be more stable under light loads

not sure if they are really after the street cars or tracks , obviously their line of fuel cell stuff does not apply

The pumps include a 2 step controller for pump speed control. The pumps can be ran in one of two different speeds. A low speed control for low fuel consumption requirements or at full speed for high fuel consumption requirements

·
Premium Member
2009 Sedan
738 Posts
I was just looking at that email and wondering the same thing this morning. 😄 Swap some pumps out of @adam112 triple setup. They showed in tank options.

·
Vendor
13,298 Posts
they also claim it to be a 2 stage pump to be more stable under light loads

not sure if they are really after the street cars or tracks , obviously their line of fuel cell stuff does not apply

The pumps include a 2 step controller for pump speed control. The pumps can be ran in one of two different speeds. A low speed control for low fuel consumption requirements or at full speed for high fuel consumption requirements

I understand what they claim. I have just seen a lot of variable speed controller pumps fail with street use in a timeframe that most would consider unacceptable. YMMV

1 - 8 of 8 Posts