Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. Just ordered one. Was looking to replace my old stihl that the neighbor screwed up putting 10% gas in it and letting it sit.
From the reviews, the warranty is worthless on the fuel system, but from experience, it should last for years if you only use non-ethanol gas and mix properly.

·
Super Moderator
16,474 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. Just ordered one. Was looking to replace my old stihl that the neighbor screwed up putting 10% gas in it and letting it sit.
From the reviews, the warranty is worthless on the fuel system, but from experience, it should last for years if you only use non-ethanol gas and mix properly.
For the record, Stihl engines are fine with 10% and stihl 2 stroke oil.

12 year old ms290 chainsaw and 8 year old string trimmer.

Never had an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
For the record, Stihl engines are fine with 10% and stihl 2 stroke oil.

12 year old ms290 chainsaw and 8 year old string trimmer.

Never had an issue.

Im betting you dont leave it sitting around though? Winterize and all?

Not blaming the e10, thats just bad 2 stroke care regardless...

·
Super Moderator
16,474 Posts
Saw and trimmer sit with gas in the all the time.

I am telling you, stihl oil has stabilizer in it. They even doubled your warranty if you bought a 6 pack of their oil at the dealer when new.

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Saw and trimmer sit with gas in the all the time.

I am telling you, stihl oil has stabilizer in it. They even doubled your warranty if you bought a 6 pack of their oil at the dealer when new.

Dang,

That good Michigan gas!

I did know about the warranty!

·
Premium Member
3,434 Posts
I had a John Deere 2-stroke trimmer for 22 years that never had stabilizer in it when put into the shed over the winter. The gas would have 10% in it but oil was whatever was on sale at Canadian Tire. The only reason that it was replaced was when the leaking gas tank couldn't be replaced with an OE unit no matter how hard the dealer looked. I guess that I shouldn't have dropped it....

·
Premium Member
12,355 Posts
if you dont use it alot ONLY use the STIHL tool fuel or similar. it contains no ethanol. im done buying cheap chinese carbs that dont like to sit with ethanol fuel in them

if you use it constantly regular fuel (e10) is more than fine just be sure to take it all out and store it with the ethanol free tool fuel in it

·
Registered
168 Posts
I have a bunch of Dewalt 20 volt tools, I have the flexvolt battery's just due to the added ah on the 20volt side is crazy good. however I bought my first 60 volt tool, new dewalt leaf blower, stopped by brother's house to compare all 3 since he has gone to the electric yard work b/c he doesn't care for maintenance on lawn equipment and owns the other old 20 volt & older 60 volt. The new blower is super nice but is a bit louder than the other 2 but has some serious power might feed my LSA with this puppy. All in all I am very happy only wish they sold it as a bare tool but its so new it was hard to find one locally.

The home depot specs are not correct and are for the old 60 volt blower, new 60 volt blower is 600cfm @125mph

https://www.homedepot.com/p/DEWALT-129-MPH-423-CFM-FLEXVOLT-60-Volt-MAX-Lithium-Ion-Cordless-Axial-Blower-with-3-Ah-Battery-and-Charger-Included-DCBL772X1/308679900,

1 - 10 of 10 Posts