Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, after a month of research and getting back into the game (Military put a halt on this last year). I will start modding my stock CTS-V. I'm doing all the work myself and will break the build into two parts so not to make this a huge single project:

End Goal: Just to have a fun Daily and something to attack the 1/4 Mile with every now and again. Keep reliability/drivability as much as reasonably possible. Frankly, I'm tired of the CTS-V being my slow car.

Stage 1: (About to place order pending issues)

1) HP Tuners Professional

2) DSX -AUX Pump

3) Mont Motorsports - E85 Kit/1050X

4) AEM X Wideband

5) Kooks 2 Inch Header/Catless X-Pipe

6) Ported TB

7) 4.5" Intake

Stage 2:

1) Heads

2) CAM

3) Ported Blower/Snout

3) ZL 1 Lid w/supporting cooling mods

4) Upper/Lower Pulleys

5) Intake

Concerns:

1)Trying to make this build efficient, I understand I will have to take the headers off when I ship the heads out and also will need two tunes but do you guys see any areas I can approve the efficiency on this build.

2) Will the 1050x Injectors be enough with AUX tank on E85. Most of the threads I read had me second guessing. Do not want to run any spray and/or meth.

3) Live in Colorado Springs up in altitude and only on 91 Pump but have E85 station mile away from house. Are there any high altitude type issues I may run into.

Thanks in advance for any guidance, tips, and/or input!

-Mike

·
Super Moderator
20,956 Posts
All looks good. No chance running out of fuel in your elevation, even sea level should be fine.

You might want to toss an upper pulley on now if you want, the labor isn’t bad, the gains are good.

I assume a new HX and pump in there somewhere?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,454 Posts
So, after a month of research and getting back into the game (Military put a halt on this last year). I will start modding my stock CTS-V. I'm doing all the work myself and will break the build into two parts so not to make this a huge single project:

End Goal: Just to have a fun Daily and something to attack the 1/4 Mile with every now and again. Keep reliability/drivability as much as reasonably possible. Frankly, I'm tired of the CTS-V being my slow car.

Stage 1: (About to place order pending issues)

1) HP Tuners Professional

2) DSX -AUX Pump

3) Mont Motorsports - E85 Kit/1050X

4) AEM X Wideband

5) Kooks 2 Inch Header/Catless X-Pipe

6) Ported TB

7) 4.5" Intake

Stage 2:

1) Heads

2) CAM

3) Ported Blower/Snout

3) ZL 1 Lid w/supporting cooling mods

4) Upper/Lower Pulleys

5) Intake

Concerns:

1)Trying to make this build efficient, I understand I will have to take the headers off when I ship the heads out and also will need two tunes but do you guys see any areas I can approve the efficiency on this build.

2) Will the 1050x Injectors be enough with AUX tank on E85. Most of the threads I read had me second guessing. Do not want to run any spray and/or meth.

3) Live in Colorado Springs up in altitude and only on 91 Pump but have E85 station mile away from house. Are there any high altitude type issues I may run into.

Thanks in advance for any guidance, tips, and/or input!

-Mike
It’s a good plan but you should go with an LS7 ported TB or step up to a NW102.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
907 Posts
If you get the AEM wideband that communicates to the CAN network, you can save a couple hundred bucks and go with the standard HP Tuners MPVI. If you're planning on adding inputs, then go with the pro.

·
Registered
125 Posts
If you get the AEM wideband that communicates to the CAN network, you can save a couple hundred bucks and go with the standard HP Tuners MPVI. If you're planning on adding inputs, then go with the pro.
Would you happen to to know the model number of the guage your referring to

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
This is the wideband mentioned

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Ok, couple of plans have changed. Talking with Justin White here is the current STG 1 Build Plan:

Justin White - 1,250 - Ordered
Tune/HP STD/AEM Gauge

Karch - 1,675 -Pending
Ported Blower

DMS - 1,759$ -Pending
ZL1 Lid w/Varimax Pump and C&R HX

Mont - 5,521$ -Pending
GM Ported 90mm TB
New Era 4.5"
160* T-Stat
DSX Aux Pump
Mighty Mouse Catch Can
NGK Iridium Spark Plugs
Kooks 2" w/X-Pipe no cat
Mount Motorsport's E-85 w/1050X INJ

Stage 2:
2.45/8.6 -???
Ported Heads - Joker
QTP Cutouts
Weld Wheels w/MT's
Cam
Ice Box
Upgrade Oil Pump

Still have decide on upper pulley to run initially with STG 1 Build....taking suggestions.

Does anybody see any major holes in the build? I'm setting it up for a nice daily and then get it ready for the strip during STG 2...this will probably be post deployment next year.

-Mike

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
Prices add up quickly battle, but its worth it.
Going to be awesome V @ Ft. Rucker.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Lol, prices do add up quick but its all relative to the platform.....not even going to tell you what I spent on my VR4 :-/, just powertrain probably in the ball part of 20k.

Lol, I'm in Colorado Springs now....better change my location.

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
Ft. Carson?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,831 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
That's a healthy "stage 1" my parts are sitting in my garage waiting patiently in line for my tuner.

Airaid, ported LSA TB already on the car
ID1050
E85 kit
Track Attack HX
Plugs and new wires
160 Tstat

I wanted to go a little bigger with my stage 1 but the cats are holding me back. Still, +150hp is going to be great bang for the buck and a heckuva lotta fun.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts