Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys.. Got my new drags put on few mins ago. Are these gonna rub? Lol
305/45/17s? Just looks so close and worried when I floor it! Fronts are 26x6x18s

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Yours looks to be stock height. If so, they might barely rub the fender on a hard bump. Mine always did it on one side, but never bad enough to cut the tire or do any damage to a fender.

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yours looks to be stock height. If so, they might barely rub the fender on a hard bump. Mine always did it on one side, but never bad enough to cut the tire or do any damage to a fender.
Definitely stock height.... Was more concerned when I floor it. But everyone on here says that's the best tire just didn't know if I was missing something

·
Registered
74 Posts
Stock height should be okay, I had the same situation and instead of testing it out I went with a smaller M&H tire but most say there's no issue to slight rubbing

Reactions: SaskV

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok. Well I'm going to try it and see what happens. I wonder if new rear shocks would help or not.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
I run the same wheel and tire setup on my stock height 2010.

I rolled the rear fenders after I saw a tiny rub on the top outside of the driver's side wheel well. Haven't had a problem since.

Reactions: db-guru

·
Registered
54 Posts
I originally picked up a pair of 305/45/17 M/T's but upon mock up, I elected not to mount them because they appeared to be a very close fit and I didn't want to deal with any issues. Sold them and got the M&H's instead. Fitment for your reference, stock ride height.

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I run the same wheel and tire setup on my stock height 2010.

I rolled the rear fenders after I saw a tiny rub on the top outside of the driver's side wheel well. Haven't had a problem since.
You get them rolled at a body shop or it something you can attempt yourself?

·
Registered
148 Posts
You should be fine at stock height, although that concerns me since I'm lowered and getting that same size. Coupes have more clearance though, correct?

·
Premium Member
2014 CTS-V Sedan A6
1,385 Posts
Buy the base model CTS springs. You'll get the clearance you need for that tire size.

Reactions: Teh V
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.