Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2, v2s in mind. Similar builds and hoping some experienced folks can chime in :)

First is a 2012 sedan 85k miles. grip tech 2.38, 2 inch headers,no cats, flex fuel, id850s, weapons x front heat exch. 90mm TB, air raid Intake with green filter. f14 deep concave wheels. new tire, new magnarides. said to make 650 whp which appears to be impossible in my research done on here.. 33k Its on Edmonds in Woodbury MN

Second.
2010 CTS-V Sedan 72,500 Miles 38k
Tuned by Rick Crawford.
Car has been 10.20s
ZL1 lid and brick 12 an fitting
C&R Heat Exchanger Expansion Tank Pierburg CW100-3 pump
Mighty Mouse Catch Can
2" Long Tube Headers and
3" X-Pipe
Innovators West 8 Rib Harmonic Damper and 9.1" Pulley Ring
Griptec Pulley Kit with Hub Black 2.55
Metco 100mm Idler Pulley
Lingenfelter Isolator Coupling
Lingenfelter Idler Bracket
Lingenfelter 160 Thermostat
DSX Flex Fuel Kit
Dual DW300C Fuel Pump
FID 1300cc Injectors
BTR Stage 2 Cam Kit
Aeroforce Gauge with Wideband
Aeroforce Vent Gauge Pod
Trackspec Hood Vent
Borla Sport Exhaust
Carbon Fiber Alcantara Steering Wheel.

The first one is 30 mins away 5k less but still seems respectable for the price..

The second one is 4 hours one way has less miles, older, but more mods..

Thoughts?

· Registered
2011 cts v coupe
465 Posts
Do either have service records?
I think it honestly comes down to which one you like more?
some guys don’t like buying already modded cars, some guys don’t care. If the car is built and maintained correctly it doesn’t bother me. These cars if maintained properly can last a long time. Mine currently has like 128k miles

Reactions: gunnermjoyce

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No service records.
I did talk to the shop that built the 2012. Said it was a solid car.

I do plan on building a 6l90 so I'm not as concerned with trans in either car.

The 2010 seems like a higher quality build. 2 owner car. Current owner has had it for 2 yrs and 12k miles.
I plan on running E all the time and its better suited for that.

· Registered
2007 CTS-V 6.0L Stealth Grey
2 Posts
Older + more mods = higher risk of failure.
This is basically the reason I don't prefer at all buying modded cars, it hasn't happened personally to me BUT basically all people around me has at least one mild to moderate bad experience buying modded cars with a decent aging. I second the comment of going with the first one. (y)

· Registered
94 Posts
My contribution to this thread was my last fast car, my LS1 is300 that I built with swap parts I bought from Matt Owen before he started dedicated motorsports. I sold the car to a guy locally when I got laid off and I told him it was an all stock engine and I never replaced the factory rod bolts which were known to fail at 6300. He took it to the tuner 2 weeks later and spun the bottom end trying to spin 7k on a 150 shot. He called and started yelling like it was somehow my fault and it just made me want to cry because he broke my baby.

Reactions: Gwill30

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I ended up looking at both. The close one with less mods didn't want to start and then didn't run right. Drove it but couldnt really put it through its paces as its cold and snowy out. Been through alot of carwashes. I know black shows everything but this one was rough.

Decided to make the trip (Ended up being 5 hours south not 4) to see the second and it was even nicer in person than in the pictures.
Such a clean build. Ceramic coated. Fired right up, Interior and outside were flawless (Until I got it home but that's another story*).

You know how you can tell when someone takes pride in their car, well this was that car.
Lots of extras not noted in the add, Brand new rear tires 285s. The tires on it are still fine but a 305 and they poke out a bit (Has coupe wheels on it). Some carbon fiber trim pieces not yet installed.
Nice car cover, ceramic plug wires, extra sets of plugs. Carbon fiber rear wing and front lip not yet installed.

Bought it and trailered her home. 35K

I'm happy... Hurry up spring...

* Cracked the bumper on the corner unloading it into the garage off the trailer.

· Registered
2011 cts v coupe
465 Posts
Congrats! Post up some pics

· Premium Member
1,690 Posts
Sweet!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts