Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
CTS V 2016
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone im just new to the form
I facing an issue after installing cam motion camshaft 32% fuel loob and phaser lock
New timing chain and katech oil pump
And kong 2650 supercharger
And DSX aux pump
And DSX flex fuel
Everything was fitted perfectly but what im facing in hp tuner when seeing datat thet fuel rail pressure drops and drops with it the RPM and turns off the car
From 1800 to 0 the fuel rail pressure
While fuel pressure is ok 75-80psi
Anyone can help me with as solution
As just now i ordered new high side fuel pump just to see if its from it or no

·
Registered
7,348 Posts
Hello everyone im just new to the form
I facing an issue after installing cam motion camshaft 32% fuel loob and phaser lock
New timing chain and katech oil pump
And kong 2650 supercharger
And DSX aux pump
And DSX flex fuel
Everything was fitted perfectly but what im facing in hp tuner when seeing datat thet fuel rail pressure drops and drops with it the RPM and turns off the car
From 1800 to 0 the fuel rail pressure
While fuel pressure is ok 75-80psi
Anyone can help me with as solution
As just now i ordered new high side fuel pump just to see if its from it or no
are you saying at idle the fuel pressure is dropping?

if you are losing rail pressure at idle than sounds like you could have a bad hpfp, if you are losing pressure at WOT than you may not have enough fuel system for your combo, you didnt really specify if you are running E85 or what

·
Registered
CTS V 2016
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey justin,
i just installed everything didnt put e85 yet just wanting to start the car with base map
The fuel rail pressure drops like in 10 sec
With the RPM that showes doesnt have pressure
I ordered new hpfp will install it in few days
Its droping at idle and once the 2nd attempt i have to press gas padle just to start it and same issue happens fuel rail drops and it drops with it the rpm and car shuts down

are you saying at idle the fuel pressure is dropping?

if you are losing rail pressure at idle than sounds like you could have a bad hpfp, if you are losing pressure at WOT than you may not have enough fuel system for your combo, you didnt really specify if you are running E85 or what

·
Registered
7,348 Posts
Hey justin,
i just installed everything didnt put e85 yet just wanting to start the car with base map
The fuel rail pressure drops like in 10 sec
With the RPM that showes doesnt have pressure
I ordered new hpfp will install it in few days
Its droping at idle and once the 2nd attempt i have to press gas padle just to start it and same issue happens fuel rail drops and it drops with it the rpm and car shuts down

Gotcha, yea that sounds like a bad HPFP to me

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
did you by chance put your feed line to hpfp backwards? it fits nicer this way with the larger blowers and i did it as well with the same issue. That line has a clamp about 1/3 the way down and holds a check valve. Id verify this also.

·
Registered
CTS V 2016
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Checked its not backwords all lines everything is in the prefect position checked twice they are saying if you use a 32% fuel loob you need a lash cap this what suggested to me
did you by chance put your feed line to hpfp backwards? it fits nicer this way with the larger blowers and i did it as well with the same issue. That line has a clamp about 1/3 the way down and holds a check valve. Id verify this also.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts