Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

Help! Brake fitting parts. Goodridge Brake lines

4K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  CTS_Kenny 
#1 ·
Anyone know if I use these or not? They might be called copper Olive? I’m not 100% even sure where exactly they go. Pretty sure but wanna make sure I get it right so I don’t get a leak and have to redo it
Wood Finger Material property Flooring Hardwood

See less See more
#2 ·
The copper olives would only be for any flared hard line connections (like an AN-style setup). They might potentially be used at the bulkhead fitting where the brake lines attach to the hard lines on the chassis - but I did not use them on mine and I suspect the fittings are such they are not needed.

I just used the copper washers on the banjo bolts. DO NOT OVER-TORQUE the banjo bolts. Those fuckers will snap like a stressed out postal worker off her meds on a bad day. I think the torque value is often quoted as 15 or 20 ft-lbs, but it should be inch-pounds.

#3 ·
Nice brother! I looked and looked for a possible spot for them but didn’t see a place. And DEFINITELY on the over torquing. I’ll move on from here then. That place where the hardlines meet already have a flange inside there so I couldn’t imagine another olive going in there. See pic
Thanks brother

Kenny
Automotive tire Finger Household hardware Thumb Rim

#5 ·
🤷🏻‍♂️

🤷🏻‍♂️ Man I dunno, I’m going without them so we’ll see if I get a leak or not. I’m having issues getting those back brake lines off No room back there to get those 2 lines off in the right rear

#7 · (Edited)
Wish I would have seen this thread earlier, The connectors you have in the second picture goes on both front lines. The kit comes with 4 of them. Then ones that come pre installed on the BF brake lines do not fit our OEM hard brake line connector. You have to take the set off the BF lines and replace them with the other set that comes in the kit. If you look closely you will notice one set has notches where your 17 or 18mm ratchet grips on to and the other set does not. Use the set that has the notches

They screw on to the OEM brake hard line, Then tighten everything down, The copper washers go on all the screws. (two washers per bolt) Just like @random84 said, do not over TQ. I used a Motive Power bleeder to pressurize the system to see if I had any leaks, I did, on the rear passenger side. It was not seated in the bracket, took it back apart and got it to seat, re- pressurized and no peaks.

I used our OEM clips. I could not got the ones that come in the kit to fit. Especially on the rear.

As for the small copper things in your 1st pic, I am not sure. My kit didn't come with those.

#8 ·
I figured they didn’t fit when I sat there and tried for 10 minutes to screw them on the hard lines. Lol. That’s when I went back and found there was 2 other connectors in the package for the front. The rear lines fit just fine so I didn’t have to change anything back there. So I did actually end up doing that and it went well. I read what you said a few times, but didn’t see you mention anything about those copper olives? Do you Random84 said, do you agree they’re not used?
I also used the motive power bleeder and bled the brakes, test drove it yesterday and going out this morning to see if I have any leaks. Thing should be fine, but we‘ll see.

#12 ·
Thanks brother. I test drove it this morning and the brakes didn’t seem much different to be honest. I was going to bleed them again, but now that you said that I’ll give it a few drives and look for a little more stiffness.

Also glad to hear agin that the olives weren’t used by you guys. No leaks so far that I know of.
haha, When I did mine and drove it I wanted to kick myself because it didn't feel any different from the stock lines. I thought I did all that work for nothing. After a few drives it got much better. Also I am sure you would notice a huge improvement if you auto crossed. That is where these lines shine.

#13 ·
haha, When I did mine and drove it I wanted to kick myself because it didn't feel any different from the stock lines. I thought I did all that work for nothing. After a few drives it got much better. Also I am sure you would notice a huge improvement if you auto crossed. That is where these lines shine.
Man that’s good to hear! You’re exactly right, I didn’t wanna do all that work for no significant change. I wonder if there’s a track I can take this bad boy to and auto cross it in DFW area?🤷🏼 Maybe I’ll Google that, and someday when I get past all this crap going on in my life, I’ll do that. That would be a blast!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.