Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2012 V Coupe Auto Sunroof
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title says, I have been bleeding these since changing the brake lines and th RR inner bleeder screw just keeps sending big air bubble out. I’m using the motive power bleeder and I’ve been through about 2 big bottles of fluid. All clear and new fluid. The other 7 screws are and bled just fine, a few bubbles and then clear. So I dunno what’s up with this one but how many bottles of fluid is it going to take?
Once I stop and the bottle I’m using to catch the fluid fills up, I tighten the bleeder screw, empty it, and do it more until it fills up again. Then I make sure the power pump has plenty of fluid , pump it up to 15psi, and open that bleeder screw again. When I first open it for about 2-4 seconds things are clear, then about every 1/2-1 seconds a big bubble continues to come out until the catcher bottle is full again. Repeat. It’s frustrating
Any ideas of what’s going on guys? I certainly don’t wanna put all th wheels on and test it when I know airs in there somewhere

Kenny

·
Registered
642 Posts
The passenger rear has to be done and finished first so if that’s your problem one you will have to re bleed the other three corners.
Pr inner outer, dr inner outer, pf inner outer, df inner outer. I’d check all the connections on the lines and make sure they are good and tight doesn’t take much to let air in

·
Premium Member
16,470 Posts
Is it possible you're getting air from the hose not being perfectly sealed against the bleed fitting?

I was going to say "nipple" but... you know. Giggity

Does the bleeder tighten down firmly or did you strip the threads in the caliper?

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2009 Sedan
747 Posts
i was going to suggest what the last 2 did. Either too much initial suck pressure (lol) or it's dirty and not sealing perfectly.

·
Premium Member
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, so yes, I was convinced yesterday the only way air could be continuously getting through had to be through that one bleeder screws threads. I barely barely barely opened it the last time(which I thought and was doing before) and it seemed to not pull any more air for about 15 seconds. I tighted it up, cleaned up everything and will test it this afternoon. Hopefully with good results! I’m also convinced that that bleeder screws threads are shot, for whatever reason. It seems very loose when I loosen it anyway. I definitely will be replacing it asap, especially if it don’t work this afternoon.
I’ll be back with an update later! Much appreciated guys!
One more thing, why the hell does every single little project seem to always have a freakin issue. Simple ass shit that should go smoothly and bam!! Problem!! So damn frustrating sometimes. Ugh!!

·
Premium Member
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Is it possible you're getting air from the hose not being perfectly sealed against the bleed fitting?

I was going to say "nipple" but... you know. Giggity

Does the bleeder tighten down firmly or did you strip the threads in the caliper?

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk
On the last time I bled that one screw, I cut about an inch off and it did get tighter over the screw. Great thought!! Thanks for that.
Need to use sealant on the threads if you're going to use that style bleeder.
Wish I had done that from the beginning. I read that that was a good thing to do bc of air squeezing in between the threads. Next time for sure I’ll be greasing up the bleeder screws. Thx

1 - 8 of 8 Posts