Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,453 Posts
Welcome. I was in the city yesterday. We live in MI but come over several times a year.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Welcome from Illinois as well, I know there is a growing V scene in the Chicago area.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Guys! I'll post some pics this weekend...so far all she's got is an Airaid setup...I'm thinking of putting some Headers and full exhaust on Her, so I'm trying to get an idea of what these Cars sound like with different systems. SW, KooK, etc.

·
Super Moderator
20,536 Posts
As long as they don’t leak, the headers brand won’t matter to sound as much as the muffler choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,132 Posts
Welcome! What part of Chicago?

I was born and raised in Chicago proper. Lived in the suburbs my adult life and moved to Michigan 10.5 years ago. Still have family there and travel back often.

·
Registered
120 Posts
This^ I’ve owned a few with different setups on each and the mufflers really make the difference. Headers no cats to stock muffs is relatively quiet, albeit raspy, until wot and is very popular. There are too many vids on YouTube and forum posts for me to say any more!

Welcome! I grew up on the north side working and tuning with some guys who are now legends in the racing scene like Devin of boosted in the red demon talon. Chicago has always had a mean racing scene especially Dsm guys and Chevy guys. 9 second daily drivers were normal. A lot of 3 am industrial warehouse type no prep road drag racing went on back then. Cops were somewhat ok with it.

I’ve heard the scene has faded.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Better late then never...
Welcome! What part of Chicago?

I was born and raised in Chicago proper. Lived in the suburbs my adult life and moved to Michigan 10.5 years ago. Still have family there and travel back often.
Looks like the same Car...you have a beauty there!...I'm near Joliet.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts