Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellas,
Taking my 09 in for a head/cam install pretty soon and just looking for a tip on if I should leave my current exhaust setup (headers, hi flow cats > corsa sport mufflers) or put the stockers back in. The car is loud as it is but I’m ok with it as it’s only driven on weekends and only in good weather. Will the noise increase be significant and obnoxious?

·
Premium Member
3,578 Posts
Stick with the OE mufflers, you'll be happy you did.

·
Registered
895 Posts
To me, the OE mufflers sound like shit over 2,200 RPM until 3,000 RPM. They are raspy in that range. They are amazing for allowing good exhaust flow and keeping drone down. It's a trade off for some.

Reactions: jcs003

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
To me, the OE mufflers sound like shit over 2,200 RPM until 3,000 RPM. They are raspy in that range. They are amazing for allowing good exhaust flow and keeping drone down. It's a trade off for some.
Yeah I’m with you, that’s why I put on the corsa sports... a lot throatier when cruising and scares the crap out of the surrounding cars at Wot ... (with headers) .... but, I do miss the stock muffs a lot of the time and now about to throw in a cam, I’m afraid the corsa’s will be intolerable

·
Premium Member
2,787 Posts
Why not just wait and leave the corsas on to see what you think of it? Mufflers are a quick swap anyway.

·
Registered
756 Posts
I’m with Papi on this one.

You already have both muffler set ups; the Corsa and the OEMs. Just leave your exhaust as it is and see if you like it. You can always swap the OEM mufflers back on later pretty easily.

Also, if you prefer the sound of the Corsa (as do I) and it’s too loud. You can always add some resonators into the exhaust that will calm the volume down without getting rid of the Corsa sound/tone that you like.

Reactions: Prime Time

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Why not just wait and leave the corsas on to see what you think of it? Mufflers are a quick swap anyway.
Actually have to cut and weld them back on ... but you’re right, it’s a rather quick swap. Not a bad idea ... but I have a feeling my neighbors will move if I keep them on, and I like my neighbors :-(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts