Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
MOVE ME :) Headlight lense replace+blackout+LED bar upgrade

Ended up buying some aftermarket base model CTS headlights, pulling the lenses off and swapping onto my headlights, while it was open, also went ahead and sprayed chrome bezel and orange side marker black and lightly tinted the reflector shield for turn and DRL lights along with upgrading the LED for bar

sorry, wrong thread, move me when possible to 09+ :)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
So it looks like the swap looks like it worked.

Good for you.

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
Very nice job! Looks great!

·
Premium Member
1,301 Posts
What did you use to get the "old" sealant off of the new lens?

·
Premium Member
788 Posts
What did you use to get the "old" sealant off of the new lens?
I have done a dozen sets or so, like the OP said, mostly just time and patience. I have only had a couple sets that were really bad though, most have peeled out fairly easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
266 Posts
Looks great! Going to tackle this over the winter too. I like how bright the bars are. Can you explain in more detail the LED upgrade for the bar? I've read about a couple different ways and leds used.
Any details, parts, and procedure would be cool.
Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looks great! Going to tackle this over the winter too. I like how bright the bars are. Can you explain in more detail the LED upgrade for the bar? I've read about a couple different ways and leds used.
Any details, parts, and procedure would be cool.
Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
I purchased the LED bar upgrade from a facebook group member selling LEDs (interior/license plate/LED bar/DRL), i already had everything else so just got the LED bar upgrade, basically just snip out old LED module and solder in new one, youll see how to get it out once you have the headlight opened up

·
Registered
137 Posts
Ended up buying some aftermarket base model CTS headlights, pulling the lenses off and swapping onto my headlights, while it was open, also went ahead and sprayed chrome bezel and orange side marker black and lightly tinted the reflector shield for turn and DRL lights along with upgrading the LED for bar

sorry, wrong thread, move me when possible to 09+ :)
What do you mean by “lightly tinted” how did you “tint”?

·
Registered
137 Posts
What aftermarket base cts headlights did i you use? I assume they worked out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
613 Posts
I’d buy a set... just saying wink wink

·
Premium Member
12,701 Posts
i hope they hold up, ive gone through 4 sets of aftermarket headlights on my pickup, the clear always seems to peel off and fail

1 - 20 of 29 Posts