Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure this has been answered but I haven't been able to find the exact answer. I have a stock 2012 V, stock other than CIA. Looking to have my Kooks headers and X pipe installed. It is catless. That being said, will I have to take it to be tuned, or is there a "general" tune I can buy. Shops are few and far between in my area and the ones that are good ate 6 to 8 weeks out. Also, ok to keep the stock injectors for now? Winter she will be getting smaller pulleys, injectors, heat exchanger ect. But for now she is to quiet. This is my first time dealing with all this new stuff. I was originally an Old school muscle chick.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Without the cats you will more then likely get a check engine light, possibly be running lean also. A tune is recommended lots of people do mail order tunes if you are able to use hp tuners and do the logs yourself

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
I'm sure this has been answered but I haven't been able to find the exact answer. I have a stock 2012 V, stock other than CIA. Looking to have my Kooks headers and X pipe installed. It is catless. That being said, will I have to take it to be tuned, or is there a "general" tune I can buy. Shops are few and far between in my area and the ones that are good ate 6 to 8 weeks out. Also, ok to keep the stock injectors for now? Winter she will be getting smaller pulleys, injectors, heat exchanger ect. But for now she is to quiet. This is my first time dealing with all this new stuff. I was originally an Old school muscle chick. View attachment 151373

Lots of people like Pat G for remote tuning but to do remote turning you have to buy HP Tuners (around 350) and credits on top of his fee. To get someone to do a simple tune wont be hard. If they know the V then they should be able to tune the transmission too. Worth it.

People on here can tell you tuners in your area that you can use.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Maybe consider a axel back system if sound is your only concern at the moment. Then you could do your headers, x pipe and pulleys all at once and have it tuned once. Easy enough to adapt the x pipe into whatever axel back system you choose. Corsas are fairly aggressive in sound if that’s your preference.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
The most important change you'll need is to turn off the secondary (behind the cat) O2 sensors. Since the headers (and CAI) change the airflow you would also want a wideband sensor for remote tuning. Stock injectors will be fine for just a CAI and headers. Since your needs are minimal at this time maybe a local tuner can fit you in with an agreement to come back in the winter with your other upgrades.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts