Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Read several threads on headers and updating stock exhaust. But I thought I'd get some feedback. my V is a 2013 sedan. Mamo LS7 TB, Ported Jokerz 102mm snout, 2.45 pulley, BB high flow cats, green belt, Airraid, Cal Hartline tune. It's my daily driver so need to keep the interior drone and fumes to a minimum to keep the wife happy :) Leaning towards ARH or Kooks with high flow cats through stock mufflers. Not sure if I should go with a full system or just the headers and cats and tie into the rest of the exhaust system.

Also, how much of a pain is it to remove the stock manifolds and install headers. I have a 4 post lift and solve the mystery of getting the O2 sensors disconnected.... LOL

Any constructive help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I can only comment on what I have read through a couple hundred different posts regarding headers...stick with the factory mufflers. Some have experienced a nice balance with the Borla's, Corsa seems too loud with a more noticeable drone (especially Corsa sport). Everyone else here will chime in on what has worked for them.

As for the replacement itself, with a lift it shouldn't be too bad. You just have to make sure to maintain the steering shafts' alignment (lock your steering wheel and mark the shaft before disassembly). Removal of the coil packs, dipstick tube, and spark plugs is needed.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can only comment on what I have read through a couple hundred different posts regarding headers...stick with the factory mufflers. Some have experienced a nice balance with the Borla's, Corsa seems too loud with a more noticeable drone (especially Corsa sport). Everyone else here will chime in on what has worked for them.

As for the replacement itself, with a lift it shouldn't be too bad. You just have to make sure to maintain the steering shafts' alignment (lock your steering wheel and mark the shaft before disassembly). Removal of the coil packs, dipstick tube, and spark plugs is needed.
Thanks for the reply. Leaning towards Kooks with catted x-pipe into stock exhaust.

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Can't go wrong with Kooks to stock mufflers.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
In Dec I'm having my 2" into 3" TSP (ceramic coated) with Hi Flow cat (I don't need gas smell at functions) into stock mufflers so it is quiet when I pull into upscale Hotels like the Don Cesar or Ritz Carlton. LT1Z and others say it will be "quiet" until high two thousands RPMS.

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
In Dec I'm having my 2" into 3" TSP (ceramic coated) with Hi Flow cat (I don't need gas smell at functions) into stock mufflers so it is quiet when I pull into upscale Hotels like the Don Cesar or Ritz Carlton. LT1Z and others say it will be "quiet" until high two thousands RPMS.
Or you go cat less and add a cam lol then it gets a little louder at idel. Then fix the smell with E!

·
Registered
6,407 Posts
FTW.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Or you go cat less and add a cam lol then it gets a little louder at idel. Then fix the smell with E!
Will have Matt's 2 cam. Not doing E. Don't want to mess with aux pumps and all that.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Will have Matt's 2 cam. Not doing E. Don't want to mess with aux pumps and all that.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Headers with stainless works mufflers is also full retard. I like it though. I don't daily the car so I like the loudness.

The aux pump isn't a hard install. Probably the best bang for the buck mod I've done.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Headers with stainless works mufflers is also full retard. I like it though. I don't daily the car so I like the loudness.

The aux pump isn't a hard install. Probably the best bang for the buck mod I've done.
I don't want to cut the tank.

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
You can do E with bigger injectors and just run a 50% blend. You can also run a third in tank pump, but that is more involved then the aux pump so you're probably not going down that road.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
You can do E with bigger injectors and just run a 50% blend. You can also run a third in tank pump, but that is more involved then the aux pump so you're probably not going down that road.
I had a chance, with a guy on FB who was selling a used DSX fuel sensor really good price, to do that and then staying 30-50% blend without doing anything to the tank. But he ghosted away...unlike buying parts from forum participants.

·
Premium Member
17,514 Posts
If you wanna go nuts the stock V2 mufflers are actually 2.75 internal pipe. If you cut the inlet off close you can weld on a 3 inch to 2.75 reducer and eliminate all 2.5 inch pipe. I have LT to Kooks green cats, 4 resonators and stock mufflers and it's really nice and makes plenty of both power and noise.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)

·
Premium Member
14,879 Posts
So you're telling me they significantly cheaper than everyone else - and you're worried it's too good to be true?

Hmmm....

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
16,918 Posts
That’s actually not that cheap. It’s a good deal but not the best I have seen.

I recall Lindsay Cadillac sold me catted kooks for $1350 shipped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That’s actually not that cheap. It’s a good deal but not the best I have seen.

I recall Lindsay Cadillac sold me catted kooks for $1350 shipped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is long tube headers and a catted x-pipe

1 - 20 of 43 Posts