Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know the whole DRL discussion has been beaten to death repeatedly, but whenever I see pictures or read about someone that's swapped their halogen OEM DRL bulbs with brighter LEDs, they always go with the ~6000k color (like what Weapon X offers). I've personally always loved the classic look of amber running lights on F bodies, C5&6s, etc although I'm aware this seems like an unpopular opinion.

Has anyone swapped their stock DRLs with amber LEDs, and if so, could you post pictures?

I feel like I couldn't go wrong with a pair of these from Diode Dynamics (5202/PSX24W Multicolor Fog/DRL LED Bulb Kit), very reputable plus the ability to change color via remote would make this entire decision simple.

Any feedback, pictures, etc. is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I realize those are expensive especially after adding in the controller, not really concerned with actually selecting the replacement DRL LEDs, just curious if anyone runs amber. My thought is that upgrading to the headlight-matched HID fogs from Weapon X means amber DRLs would compliment the blue/white color. I prefer running fogs with DRLs or parking lights whenever it's somewhat dark out, such a great look imo.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I realize those are expensive especially after adding in the controller, not really concerned with actually selecting the replacement DRL LEDs, just curious if anyone runs amber. My thought is that upgrading to the headlight-matched HID fogs from Weapon X means amber DRLs would compliment the blue/white color. I prefer running fogs with DRLs or parking lights whenever it's somewhat dark out, such a great look imo.
I was thinking of running 3000k yellow on mine eventually. I say go for it and see what it looks like. You could even try with a basic halogen amber to start with, before making an investment on RGB stuff.

·
Dat ass
1,680 Posts
Reactions: Omgctsv

·
Registered
379 Posts
They’re just bulbs. Most people unplug them. Mine are white. PO installed them.
These will work, not amber but it’s the bulb info you need:

·
Premium Member
2012 V Coupe Auto Skyview
426 Posts
No amber but did go red on my old CTS and thought it looked pretty good. Pics do it no justice. It was probably illegal but I never got hassled for it
Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Car Sky Vehicle
Car Automotive parking light Land vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle

·
Registered
18 Posts
They’re just bulbs. Most people unplug them. Mine are white. PO installed them.
These will work, not amber but it’s the bulb info you need:

Thank you !

1 - 11 of 11 Posts