Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there have been mixed reviews on some of the Harrop superchargers in the past, particularly related to the bricks in the TVS2650. This new option is similar to the Kong effort using the OEM CTSV/ZL1 lids. It's cheaper than the Kong.

One for sure downside I can see is it only accommodates a 103mm throttle body, compared to the Kong which will handle up to a 112mm. The snout looks a lot smaller on the Harrop in the pics

Other than that, is the Harrop a viable cheaper option to the Kong? Anyone had or heard any real world experience with it?

Harrop H2650i: H2650i LSA - Harrop
Kong 2650: Kong Performance LSA TVS2650

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
I'm curious about it too, but there's no discussion about it in the US that I can find. The major difference visually is that the common snout to case arrangement is different. Instead, the throttle body adapter is a bolt on part, and the drive is a separate bolt on part.

For anyone that hasn't seen it. Superchargers onilne has it for $5017. Pulley's might be a bit harder to source since they aren't a typical Magnusson pulley like the Kong.

Reactions: subaru335i

·
Registered
2012 CTSV coupe
415 Posts
It looks like that arrangement might make it harder to get a good port done.

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,906 Posts
I know there have been mixed reviews on some of the Harrop superchargers in the past, particularly related to the bricks in the TVS2650. This new option is similar to the Kong effort using the OEM CTSV/ZL1 lids. It's cheaper than the Kong.

One for sure downside I can see is it only accommodates a 103mm throttle body, compared to the Kong which will handle up to a 112mm. The snout looks a lot smaller on the Harrop in the pics

Other than that, is the Harrop a viable cheaper option to the Kong? Anyone had or heard any real world experience with it?

Harrop H2650i: H2650i LSA - Harrop
Kong 2650: Kong Performance LSA TVS2650
You wrote:
"Anyone had or heard any real world experience with it?"
Yes, and from what I know, I would take note regarding Matt / Lt1z's remark above.

You also wrote:
"One for sure downside I can see is it only accommodates a 103mm throttle body, compared to the Kong which will handle up to a 112mm. The snout looks a lot smaller on the Harrop in the pics"

So, since fwHP is mathematically related to how much air an
IC Engine can inhale, and the max flow is 146 cfm / sq."
why would one desire to enlarge the internal volume of a blower,
without providing that larger blower with a large carb / tb, etc.
allowing for it to inhale more air?

Cheers,
RD

Reactions: oldwestracing

·
Registered
2012 CTSV coupe
415 Posts
Umm, to make more money because people may buy on rotor pack alone and not overall design?

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk

Reactions: Rubber Duck

·
Premium Member
4,906 Posts
Now, would a company really do something like that..:eek:

Take care,
Bruce

Reactions: Blades1_99

·
Premium Member
2009 Sedan
738 Posts
I had a Stryker Blue GT before the V. I'm just waiting till they turn 25 to ship one to the US. I still think they look better than a V wagon.

·
Premium Member
16,460 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Anybody know the availability on these stateside yet? With the modular intake snout you can just about give it as much air as you want...

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
i would go kong as well just for availability and support .

on a side note , i want a holden ute bad . I did find a place in colorado that imports them and makes them us legal. not cheap but so unique.

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
In a V2 the Kong is better. The Harrop does work well in the Holden based body styles though
Have you determined why?

·
Vendor
13,298 Posts
Have you determined why?

Yes! A couple of things but snout placement for one.

Edit: Actually the i version looks to basically be a Kong made by Harrop instead of Edelbrock. I was commenting about this one.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've got a LSA G8 and looking toward 2650, but I'm not seeing the extra 1k for the Kong. The proprietary pulley hub is kind of a bummer too. Don't get me wrong it's a nice product, but when your primary clientele is ZR1 owners you can keep that ritzy price. Really need some hard performance data on this Harrop.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts