Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finishing up the build this week. Car is currently ported WCCH LSA heads, DMS Street Envy cam, Fore fuel, NW103, DDP and H2650i.I will keep you guys updated on numbers and difference between the harrop and ported stock blower.

Registered
L
Finishing up the build this week. Car is currently ported WCCH LSA heads, DMS Street Envy cam, Fore fuel, NW103, DDP and H2650i.I will keep you guys updated on numbers and difference between the harrop and ported stock blower.
View attachment 152480
Looking forward to seeing what she puts down! I like the Harrop Lid.

Registered
We ended up putting down 861. This is on a 3.0/8.6 pulley set up making 16psi. Now I'm excited to see what it translates to at the track. The car moves!!
Very nice gains on a SBE!

A power increase of 268whp and 127wtq increase is nothing to scoff at!

I am currently running the same pulley combo on the Kong, but I am making 19psi due to the restrictive stock heads that I am still running.

Are these numbers on 93 or E85? If these numbers were on ethanol, what was your percentage? Also what was your injector duty cycle and fuel pressure?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The pulls were done on E70ish I believe, from a local station. The idc was 80% (142lb/1300cc), the tuner mentioned something about having the fuel pressure spike at a certain point. I want to say it was somewhere around 50-60psi. I can ask him to clarify, it was late and I really just wanted to get home. It was a hot day in the valley. How are you liking the Kong?

Super Moderator
The pulls were done on E70ish I believe, from a local station. The idc was 80% (142lb/1300cc), the tuner mentioned something about having the fuel pressure spike at a certain point. I want to say it was somewhere around 50-60psi. I can ask him to clarify, it was late and I really just wanted to get home. It was a hot day in the valley. How are you liking the Kong?
IDC was 80% because it was a hot day. When it gets cool, I wonder what your IDC will be. And you will be making a ton more power than you are feeling (not dyno numbers) now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
Not bad at all. Do you have the dual Fore pump setup?

I really like the Kong 2650 because it pulls stronger in the mid range and it pulls significantly harder on the top end than did my previous Magnuson Heartbeat 2300. Due to fueling limitations I am running less blower RPM on the Kong (2.65/8.6 vs 3.0/8.6).

Despite this the car feels faster despite making less torque (due to less pulley) but more horsepower (831whp/762wtq vs my old 769whp/807wtq).

My car made 847whp/813wtq with a 2.75/8.6 combo, but I ran out of injector had had to pulley down.

My car will be going under the knife soon (just waiting to be fit in the schedule) for a new custom GP tuning stroker cam, Frankenstein M311 heads, a Fore Triple fueling setup, new better cooling radiator and a Melling 10355 pump.

Note: All run dyno runs were done on a dynojet with SAE settings and 74-76% ethanol.

Reactions: Rubber Duck

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not bad at all. Do you have the dual Fore pump setup?

I really like the Kong 2650 because it pulls stronger in the mid range and it pulls significantly harder on the top end than did my previous Magnuson Heartbeat 2300. Due to fueling limitations I am running less blower RPM on the Kong (2.65/8.6 vs 3.0/8.6).

Despite this the car feels faster despite making less torque (due to less pulley) but more horsepower (831whp/762wtq vs my old 769whp/807wtq).

My car made 847whp/813wtq with a 2.75/8.6 combo, but I ran out of injector had had to pulley down.

My car will be going under the knife soon (just waiting to be fit in the schedule) for a new custom GP tuning stroker cam, Frankenstein M311 heads, a Fore Triple fueling setup, new better cooling radiator and a Melling 10355 pump.

Note: All run dyno run done on a dynojet with SAE settings and 74-76% ethanol.
Yeah I'm on the Fore setup, its great just no hard pulls under half tank unfortunately. I can't wait for this heat to die down to hit the track.

Registered
Yeah I'm on the Fore setup, its great just no hard pulls under half tank unfortunately. I can't wait for this heat to die down to hit the track.
Yeah, that down fall is what prevented me from buying the Fore so long, but there really is no other proven options.

Did you get hydramats for your pumps to help with fuel pick up when the tank fall below half a tanks? I bought some for added insurance, but I still won't do any hard pulls with anything less than 1/2 tank of gas. Some people say don't go below 1/2 a tank and others say pulls are good to 1/4 tank of gas with the Fore. I don't know what is correct, so I will adhere to the 1/2 tank best practice until I have more concrete data about my setup.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah, that down fall is what prevented me from buying the Fore so long, but there really is no other proven options.

Did you get hydramats for your pumps to help with fuel pick up when the tank fall below half a tanks? I bought some for added insurance, but I still won't do any hard pulls with anything less than 1/2 tank of gas. Some people say don't go below 1/2 a tank and others say pulls are good to 1/4 tank of gas with the Fore. I don't know what is correct, so I will adhere to the 1/2 tank best practice until I have more concrete data about my setup.
No hydramats. I ran the Fore system in my last V, its good until about 1/4 tank. Usually at the half point I start normal driving, under 1/4 you feel the car gasp for fuel.

Registered
No hydramats. I ran the Fore system in my last V, its good until about 1/4 tank. Usually at the half point I start normal driving, under 1/4 you feel the car gasp for fuel.
Oh okay, good to know. In your opinion are hydramats a good addition or is it a waste of time?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
I've never used them but they could prove to be beneficial whenever you're around 1/4 tank. My car would feel like it was bogging/misfiring due to the fuel moving around. If you install them let me know how it feels. If they're of any benefit I'll drop some in as well.

Registered
I've never used them but they could prove to be beneficial whenever you're around 1/4 tank. My car would feel like it was bogging/misfiring due to the fuel moving around. If you install them let me know how it feels. If there of any benefit I'll drop some in as well.
Will do! Matt Owen the owner at a popular LS/LT online shop (not sure if his shop is a vendor on hear, so I rather not say on here) recommended these parts number for my triple pump setup. All parts bought off Summit.
1. Hydramats (3x8) 6-Position End | Part # 16-125 | Qty 3 | Price $142.95 each
2. Kit for 4-40 Magnets | Part # 16-203 | Qty 3 | Price $25.56 each.

You might require slightly bigger hydramats with your setup since you are dual pumps, so I would verify with your shop for the exact part that make sense for your setup. This all assuming I have good success with mine a course.

Premium Member
2009 Sedan
Seems kinda ridiculous to drop that amount of money and technically only have 6-7 gallons of fuel to use.

Premium Member
That's why I went with the Squash system. If I needed a triple I would have tried Adam's system.

Premium Member
I have the hydramat in my tank (two DW300's pulling from OEM style fuel filters in the bucket, with a second pickup feeding the AUX pump leading to the hydramat secured with a magnet). Basically, Adam Little's "Stage 2" lid.

I have yet to starve for fuel even at around 1/8th of a tank; I'm in the ~900 HP range and command 70+ PSI rail pressure. I recently pulled the hydramat out to reposition it after my recent fuel line upgrades - it holds fuel even while being suspended in air. The shit is amazeballs.

I strongly recommend them for everyone, everything and every time.

Premium Member
View attachment 152592

We ended up putting down 861. This is on a 3.0/8.6 pulley set up making 16psi. Now I'm excited to see what it translates to at the track. The car moves!!
NICE!

What fuel are you using? Do you know what the actual cam specs are? For ported stock heads, I would have expected 3-4 more PSI on that pulley ratio.

Registered
I have the hydramat in my tank (two DW300's pulling from OEM style fuel filters in the bucket, with a second pickup feeding the AUX pump leading to the hydramat secured with a magnet). Basically, Adam Little's "Stage 2" lid.

I have yet to starve for fuel even at around 1/8th of a tank; I'm in the ~900 HP range and command 70+ PSI rail pressure. I recently pulled the hydramat out to reposition it after my recent fuel line upgrades - it holds fuel even while being suspended in air. The shit is amazeballs.

I strongly recommend them for everyone, everything and every time.
That's what I needed to hear!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
NICE!

What fuel are you using? Do you know what the actual cam specs are? For ported stock heads, I would have expected 3-4 more PSI on that pulley ratio.
Its normal Propel pump E. Cam specs are 227/242 .629/.615 LSA. Its a DMS Street Envy cam. We went testing last night and on the street it peaks around 17/18psi.

Just ordered the hydramat as well.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts