Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

301 - 316 of 316 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,042 Posts
Upright rows are a shoulder AC joint killer.

There is nothing worse than shoulder impingement, I don’t advise this excercise or any of its variants.

Seated rows, fly’s and presses are all a shoulder needs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: SimplyDreamin

·
Super Moderator
17,042 Posts
Me too. But I'm kinda skeered of it tho..
Get tested to see if you even need it first. No ethical doctor will put you on T unless you are under the range.

It’s not “roids” lolololol

·
Registered
245 Posts
So a few of the guys at work are starting a weight loss challenge next week, who ever loses the most % of body weight after a 10 week period will win the pot (few hundred $'s). All three of them are ~250-280lbs.

This had me thinking, I want to get back into working out and actually do it more thoroughly this time. I requested that I join but going in the opposite direction. I'm 155lbs and would prefer to get around 165-170. I could more easily gain the 12-15% than these guys could lose it through mass/muscle mass, well maybe. Everyone jokes about me having a tapeworm named Timmy.

Do you all have any suggestions on diet type and exercise regimens to gain mass? I have also looked into a lot of Jeff's information which seems very solid and easy to follow. Besides the workouts it looks like a gram protein/pound of body weight is still the norm with a high calorie diet. I would have to cut more sugars as well.

Any suggestions would be great

·
Registered
354 Posts
So a few of the guys at work are starting a weight loss challenge next week, who ever loses the most % of body weight after a 10 week period will win the pot (few hundred $'s). All three of them are ~250-280lbs.

This had me thinking, I want to get back into working out and actually do it more thoroughly this time. I requested that I join but going in the opposite direction. I'm 155lbs and would prefer to get around 165-170. I could more easily gain the 12-15% than these guys could lose it through mass/muscle mass, well maybe. Everyone jokes about me having a tapeworm named Timmy.

Do you all have any suggestions on diet type and exercise regimens to gain mass? I have also looked into a lot of Jeff's information which seems very solid and easy to follow. Besides the workouts it looks like a gram protein/pound of body weight is still the norm with a high calorie diet. I would have to cut more sugars as well.

Any suggestions would be great
Lift heavy eat meat!

·
Super Moderator
17,042 Posts
Gaining 12-15% Lean Body Mass is an aggressive goal for even 1 full year of hard training.

·
Registered
245 Posts
^^ I agree. Last year I was able to gain 8 lbs in 3 months but it was not all lean. I have read that an aggressive person can gain about 1lb every one-two weeks.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
How old are you, and what is your background in athletics? (A supporter?)
If you want to add pure mass, Olympic moves at the gym, lots of rest, and the proper diet is key.

Sent from my iPhone using motherf’n Tapatalk!

·
Registered
245 Posts
I'm 37 with a limited background in sports. I have two bad knees that somewhat limit my abilities on leg day and I definitely need to work on the diet.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Upright rows are a shoulder AC joint killer.

There is nothing worse than shoulder impingement, I don’t advise this excercise or any of its variants.

Seated rows, fly’s and presses are all a shoulder needs.

Agreed. Cable face pulls > upright row

But for you serious guys...

Reactions: Unavowed and Rumdig

·
Registered
36 Posts
Anyone have a good workout face mask recommendation? Some days are pretty intense cardio/plyo. Wisconsin mask order goes into effect 8/1. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
I hear the Under Armour is good. $30.
CNET had a decent article on this topic, if you don’t mind that site.

Sent from my iPhone using motherf’n Tapatalk!

301 - 316 of 316 Posts