Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

981 - 1000 of 1015 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,891 Posts
How far out in BFE are you? I’m rather far out, but can only shoot shotgun and powder in my yard.

Sent from my iPhone using motherf’n Tapatalk!
I'm in the suburbs- a mile away from the I-275 interstate that circles Cincinnati.

But we're right next to a large area of undeveloped land in a township that hasn't gone full retard yet, so as long as I dont get stupid it is still legal to shoot and hunt (safely). The way God intended it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
115 Posts
I'm in the suburbs- a mile away from the I-275 interstate that circles Cincinnati.

But we're right next to a large area of undeveloped land in a township that hasn't gone full retard yet, so as long as I dont get stupid it is still legal to shoot and hunt (safely). The way God intended it.

Nice. My local gun club was shut down due to some staff member getting exposed. So now I’m sitting on all this ammo with no where to shoot. Going stir crazy. Started looking at white phosphorus NVG’s

·
Premium Member
14,891 Posts
Nice. My local gun club was shut down due to some staff member getting exposed. So now I’m sitting on all this ammo with no where to shoot. Going stir crazy. Started looking at white phosphorus NVG’s
Check out TNVG, I just bought a set waiting on delivery. Can take 2 months tho

·
Premium Member
14,891 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,891 Posts
That’s nice especially the lifetime warranty! I keep going back and forth between a monocular and binoculars.
I am naturally monocular due to an eye turn - so it was a moot issue for me. But this way I expect to be able to use the NVG for moving and shooting with laser (left eye), while optionally being able having a thermal on my hunting rifle for coyote (sight with my right eye). But I'll see how it works when everything gets here.

For a binocular person I'd say 50-50 you actually need bino NVG as the cost is more than double for the fancy mounts.

·
Premium Member
14,891 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
At my front door I make anyone think twice what could be waiting for them behind the door! ;) SURPRISE Mother Fu#&%r!
20200411_184458_resized.jpg

·
Premium Member
14,891 Posts
Happy Bday to me. My wife didnt know that she bought me such a wonderful gift!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Well done sir.

I just picked up the standard EDC X9, had to pay a pretty penny for it because it's off roster in the gun hater state of CA. Haven't had a chance to shoot it yet because the ranges are closed. This is my first pistol, I was always into the bolt rifles for hunting and precision shooting and love my semi auto shotgun for duck hunting. I had a chance to shoot my brother's WC CQB .45 and it was a whole different experience compared to the Glocks and Sigs I'd shot with friends. I told myself I had to get a WC. I got the EDC X9 first but I'm getting a real 1911 next, probably the standard CQB.
20200517_095358.jpg

·
Premium Member
14,891 Posts
Mines longer. But I get to say that a lot! :D

Nice pistol- i was planning on the X9 for the modest weight savings but they were all inflated in price with the WC backlog.

The X9L was a few hundred cheaper and ultimately I just like longer slides.

They really are awesome.

Speaking of "real" 1911s, I have a guncrafter 9mm coming this week that I impulse bought, which will be more of an investment/ range toy. I suspect the Wilson's are just a better value in the semi-custom line for what you get. The X9L I am carrying as we speak! Just feels fantastic in the hand.

·
Registered
131 Posts
The GI will run circles around around the EDC X9L at the range, apples to oranges though and can't go wrong with Wilson or GI. Something about the X9 I had to have. It's like a mix of 1911, Beretta M9 and Glock in one handgun. They do feel great in the hand.

·
Premium Member
14,891 Posts
Just came in!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Badass 1911, congrats!

I shot my EDC X9 yesterday for the first time. Put 300 rounds through it, holy hell do I suck at pistol shooting. My first 150 shots were all over the place but towards the end the I got somewhat respectable groups. Takes practice like anything else.

·
Premium Member
14,891 Posts
Happy Memorial Day Weekend!

(9mm, 9mm, 10mm, 45ACP)

981 - 1000 of 1015 Posts