71 Posts
Niiiice. I secretly want an STI

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
It’s awesome that’s for sure. Great things coming out of Texas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
15,029 Posts
I hope Bernie brings back the Gulag: conservatives are hard workers - we'll get that wall up in no time!

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Just window shopping @ the Post Exchange.

Fort Leonard Wood Missouri.

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
15,029 Posts
I do like those caniks

·
Registered
62 Posts
I found out the other day in California that I needed one of the new ID's to purchase not only a firearm but ammo as well. Passport was expired so trip to County Record for birth certificate, SS proof via W2, copy of state or fed mail with name & address and 2 hours at DMV. Now I wait. Can't wait to get out of this state. Hopefully in 3-4 weeks I can add a CZ 75 D PCR Compact.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Some of my better shooting days.

Custom built 6.5x47 Lapua load development 5 shots per group @ 100 yards, it's not picky

Same gun at 1000 yards, my first time shooting off a bipod and at that range. Done with a 10x Nightforce, the 2" orange circle looked like a speck. I usually shoot off a bench rest setup.

Custom built 300 Weatherby 3 shot groups at 100yards. I honestly can't shoot this gun like this right now. It takes a lot of practice with this gun due to the recoil. 180 grain bullets at 3250fps!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Awesome group at 1000 yds! I'm jealous you have a place to do that. There's an event way out at the NC outer banks but it's a bit of a haul.

·
Premium Member
15,029 Posts
Yup - he wins the "groups" contest!

Nice shooting

·
Registered
3,170 Posts

Custom built 6.5x47 Lapua load development 5 shots per group @ 100 yards, it's not picky

View attachment 144713

Same gun at 1000 yards, my first time shooting off a bipod and at that range. Done with a 10x Nightforce, the 2" orange circle looked like a speck. I usually shoot off a bench rest setup.

View attachment 144714

Custom built 300 Weatherby 3 shot groups at 100yards. I honestly can't shoot this gun like this right now. It takes a lot of practice with this gun due to the recoil. 180 grain bullets at 3250fps!

View attachment 144715

So is the 6.5 a bolt or semi. Because that's right between one of my favorites the 6.5 Grendel (6.5x39). And the 6.5 Creedmore at 6.5x49. I just prefer the Grendel because I can use the same lower as my 5.56 and still have good ballistics.

·
Premium Member
1,454 Posts

View attachment 144713

View attachment 144714

View attachment 144715
Great shooting. Luck stops at 300 yds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: SilverSurfer

·
Registered
137 Posts
The 6.5 is a bolt gun. Defiance Deviant action, Jewel trigger, Bartlein barrel. The 6.5 Lapua is probably the most accurate of the 6.5 calibers but not by much, they are all extremely accurate and are easy to tune handloads. The 6.5 Lapua was specifically designed for 300m and 600m bench rest competition but it is also a good hunting caliber for medium game. The Creed definitely has a little more velocity and is much easier to find ammo off the self. Don't know much about the Grendel, I'd guess it's your best bet in a semi since it's the shortest and will probably feed the best.

·
Premium Member
15,029 Posts
9mm raccoon killer... just because. So far it is 100% reliable with Pmag inserts (to convert to 9mm).

I might get a NV laser for this bad boy too - for fun! :D

·
Registered
115 Posts
9mm raccoon killer... just because. So far it is 100% reliable with Pmag inserts (to convert to 9mm).

I might get a NV laser for this bad boy too - for fun! :D

How do you like that holosun sight?

·
Premium Member
15,029 Posts
How do you like that holosun sight?
Full disclosure I haven't even really sighted it in yet, just some test fires in the back yard - but the 507C has an EOtech style ring and dot, but you can alternate between ring, dot or both. 50k hour battery life and motion activated auto off.

It also has a quick disconnect that I haven't tested for zero but overall I like it and I expect it to work well for what it is: a less expensive EOtech for range toys and backup guns.

I will probably buy another. :)

·
Registered
115 Posts
Full disclosure I haven't even really sighted it in yet, just some test fires in the back yard - but the 507C has an EOtech style ring and dot, but you can alternate between ring, dot or both. 50k hour battery life and motion activated auto off.

It also has a quick disconnect that I haven't tested for zero but overall I like it and I expect it to work well for what it is: a less expensive EOtech for range toys and backup guns.

Yeah I have one sitting in the box. Was thinking about putting it on my mpx.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts

How far out in BFE are you? I’m rather far out, but can only shoot shotgun and powder in my yard.

Sent from my iPhone using motherf’n Tapatalk!

961 - 980 of 1062 Posts