Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
101 - 114 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
2013 CTS-V Coupe 6MT Silver/Black
70 Posts
And my 2¢ on the options... I also have a manual. And I am personally a big fan of those 10 seconds. I actually use that delay to line up and space myself properly when parking. So I say it's a keeper. And steering wheel controls would be the TITS!! SEND IT!!

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
The latest firmware I got fixes the issue with the backup camera on my car.

Question for you all: the stock camera stays on for about 10s after shifting out of reverse. The way it's setup for the Grom is it stays on the camera ONLY while the car is in reverse. Does this work for folks, or should I insist it stay on for the 10s after exiting reverse?

Now I just need the cables and I hope it'll be all sorted for me. I might ask for the steering wheel controls to work. Also, I have manual trans. Not sure if the camera will be sorted for the automatics as the car might send a different signal.
Been following this for a possible upgrade from the stock.

My screen drops down about that long.

Reactions: Prime Time

·
Registered
429 Posts
Automatic here. Stock camera hangs maybe 2-3 seconds or perhaps a few feet of forward travel after shifting out of reverse. Since you asked, I prefer that it wouldn’t hang at all. When I’m out of reverse I want to be able to hit a destination or change a tune immediately.

·
Registered
194 Posts
And my 2¢ on the options... I also have a manual. And I am personally a big fan of those 10 seconds. I actually use that delay to line up and space myself properly when parking. So I say it's a keeper. And steering wheel controls would be the TITS!! SEND IT!!
Looks like opinion is split. I'm kind of split myself. Of course, you can always hit the "Audio" button to move it out of Aux, and then the camera will work as normal.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Not starting a debate. But who starts messing with nav and music AFTER they've come out of reverse? Wouldn't that be a "while you're still in park, before you head out" kinda thing? Or maybe even a mid route thing. The delay helps park better so you don't come out to a dented/scuffed bumper. But since my only real desire is for this thing to work properly as it's intended to, I will gladly take the extra time to exit out for full use of my cameras factory function

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
It should stay on, since with a Manual, you are often still moving backwards when you shift out of reverse and in to first. Or, at least, I am.... I coast the last few feet and would want to see the camera stay on.

·
Registered
70 Posts
It should stay on, since with a Manual, you are often still moving backwards when you shift out of reverse and in to first. Or, at least, I am.... I coast the last few feet and would want to see the camera stay on.
Good, so I'm not crazy then. Maybe it's a dominantly manual thing. What would be even better is if we had the automatic downward tilting mirrors too when in reverse. It's the greatest defense against parallel parking curb rash. I can't imagine why they though to do away with that when they added the reverse camera. 2 totally different perspectives

·
Premium Member
527 Posts
Go on vacation and come back and see there actually has been some progress on this and they have not just let it sit. That is awesome to see.

Definitely still interested in this and if they have the dash controls working not sure why it would be hard to get the steering wheel to work. Interesting that yours worked out of the box just a little bit and that they could fix it so easily to as far as getting it to show up under aux. Audio needing a new cable just means it was probably a different pinout now worries there.

How does the audio quality sound? As good as something plugged directly into the AUX port before?

Has the video on the other items been figured out to not distort or is that still an issue? I can't imagine I would use it much anymore with this but still might use it for XM radio if I don't cancel it.

101 - 114 of 114 Posts