·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
732 Posts
This looks pretty slick (vs the factory 2011 setup)
Will it do CarPlay with iPhone?

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It says it does

Powered by Android
Android 8.1 with automotive user interface
Maps: Google, Waze, others
Music: Spotify, Web Radio, other apps
Install any Android compatible apps
Android Auto via USB (phone calls via factory bluetooth)
CarPlay via USB or Wireless

·
Dick Pickles
5,900 Posts
It would certainly be nice to have CarPlay in the Wagon.

·
Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
732 Posts
This is not something that I've researched or even knew I was in the market for...I'm not even sure how to search for this. Are you aware of other upgrade systems (brands) that serve this application?

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Navtool used to if it's still around

·
Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
732 Posts
I'm very close to pulling the trigger on this as I would like to be able to use WAZE and other apps. I dislike very much that I have to basically LEND them money for two months...

Reactions: Blades1_99

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just note it's not shipping until April evidently. I'm leaning toward trying it. I would go into it eyes wide open though and expect some gremlins initially as it's a new product. Grom has been around a while though and seems pretty solid.

·
Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
732 Posts

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think you can wait and order end of March for the same entry price

·
Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
732 Posts
Curious about that point, I searched their site for a written answer to the term of the intro price. I learned two things: 1.) They have a Valentine's day offer $50 off (which would have made me pull the trigger) but that coupon does not work for this. 2.) I found a phone number for sales, called it and the fellow confirmed verbally that the intro price is available thru the end of March.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
This looks very interesting....very.

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Reactions: MrSurly

·
Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
732 Posts
Yes, it would be sweet to have a usable nav system AND a Modern appearing info screen. The touchscreen that was all so impressive ten years ago is so very Atari, now.

·
Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
732 Posts

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Lol. I'm not smart. Just lucky

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Sweet wireless CarPlay is game changer. I put something like this in the Porsche.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2012 CTSV coupe
364 Posts
The biggest issue for me is I don't have an apple phone. Having to plug and unplug the phone every time I sit in the car for android auto to work is a deal breaker. Otherwise I would love one of these or the tesla-like unit.

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk

Reactions: Blades1_99

·
Registered
178 Posts
So is this a better option than Navtool because apple play will be wireless with this newer configuration? I always considered the navtool but never pulled the trigger. I wasn't sure if navtool was wireless carplay or not

·
Registered
11 Posts
So is this a better option than Navtool because apple play will be wireless with this newer configuration? I always considered the navtool but never pulled the trigger. I wasn't sure if navtool was wireless carplay or not
I don't believe the Navtool one is wireless. According to the GROM description this one will be wireless for Apple users. I had a terrible experience with Navtool years ago where they took my money and never shipped unit. Never answered phone calls, chat worked but always said it was shipping next day. Finally months later, after filing complain through BBB my credit card went after them and got refund... All this to say I would have pulled trigger on Navtool already had I not had this experience with them (check their BBB rating) so this new product is promising.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts